Braddan Commissioners Community Centre

dilligaf

Incredible as all local authorities and especially government should be on hold or even a stop on lots of these pie in the sky projects till the financial effects of this current situation is known. We are going to be strapped for cash big time and ideally should be a long hard look at staffing levels firstly to reduce that overblown CS and government staff expenditure . We just can't afford it before and we certainly won't after this corona virus expenditure and fallouts from it .  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Thanks 7

Ramsey Commissioners had no rates rises for a number of years, simply because they ignored inflation and necessity for their own political popularity ends. Eventually it caught up with them and they were obliged to dump it all on their ratepayers in one go in a 10% hike. Followed by a further 3% this year. It wasn't down to prudent management.

Don't worry, they have their own aspirational project too, in the new sports hall that planning is applied for, on the campervan site at the north end of the Mooragh.

Edited by Non-Believer
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

The timing of this announcement is insensitive and crass. This is not the time to spend public money in this way.

I think it looks good, what's missing is the business case / financial information.

Without the real information it's not possible to reach an informed decision.

Now is exactly the time to look at capital projects, and they are not planning to spend public money.

14 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

I think it looks good, what's missing is the business case / financial information.

Without the real information it's not possible to reach an informed decision.

Now is exactly the time to look at capital projects, and they are not planning to spend public money.

How do you work out “they are not planning to spend public money”?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

And who will be funding the loan?

a £7m debt has to be serviced. They aren’t going to cover that on the rent

So,

Please pay attention to my previous post where I stated what's missing is the business case / financial information. Rent will obviously cover part, long term interest rates are currently low.

You've decided that it's a bad idea without having seen the essential information.

23 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

So,

Please pay attention to my previous post where I stated what's missing is the business case / financial information. Rent will obviously cover part, long term interest rates are currently low.

You've decided that it's a bad idea without having seen the essential information.

I decided it was a bad idea with the financial information that the Island is at a pivotal point in its history, especially in financial terms and this is the very last point in time where a parish council should be considering spaffing seven million of what is indeed public money on a project that doesn’t fulfill a critical need. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1