Braddan Commissioners Community Centre

dilligaf

4 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Could not the old Newlands entrance on Braddan Rd be used for a short access? Or are there new buildings in the way?

Snake it around the inside of the hedge? Would seem better than snaking it around Oates Rd entrance.

Not insurmountable with a little common sense surely?

the common sense part is the achilles heel of most things over here.

• Like 3

As I've said before, it's not for us to come up with solutions for Govt/La problems but if you are going to critisise then surely you must have some 'suggestion' as to what they should do/???

2 minutes ago, Kopek said:

As I've said before, it's not for us to come up with solutions for Govt/La problems but if you are going to critisise then surely you must have some 'suggestion' as to what they should do/???

i did, i said put a road  from the mini roundabout by strang stores directly up to the roundhouse.

Edited by WTF
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

The Braddan Commissioners have announced that hedge cutting will be cut back to help pay for the Roundhouse.    There are no words…they must be spending a fortune on hedge cutting I cannot believe it are these people for real ?

Hedgecutting will not be a huge part of the annual budget, meaning that if they are cutting back on that, what else will they be cutting back on? Presumably if overgrown hedges impact on road and pedestrian safety then it's now a price worth paying for the Taj?

Maybe they could look at giving the Braddan Clerk a salary haircut?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Hedgecutting will not be a huge part of the annual budget, meaning that if they are cutting back on that, what else will they be cutting back on? Presumably if overgrown hedges impact on road and pedestrian safety then it's now a price worth paying for the Taj?

Maybe they could look at giving the Braddan Clerk a salary haircut?

"I'm sorry Ted, I know you've been sweeping these roads for the last 35 years, but we're going to have to let you go. As a parting gift here's a voucher for you and your wife for a FREE game of Badminton at the Braddan Community Centre."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

"I'm sorry Ted, I know you've been sweeping these roads for the last 35 years, but we're going to have to let you go. As a parting gift here's a voucher for you and your wife for a FREE game of Badminton at the Braddan Community Centre."

Similar arrangement below...the IoMCS self-service mentality.

But of course, all those standing watching have mortgages to pay so can't be considered for the chop, can they, Stu?

Dave only lives in a council house so is expendable.

Screenshot_20240107-145712_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Non-Believer
Extra bit
  • Like 8

22 hours ago, Kopek said:

As I've said before, it's not for us to come up with solutions for Govt/La problems but if you are going to criticise. then surely you must have some 'suggestion' as to what they should do/???

Not of built it in the first place springs to mind

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1