Braddan Commissioners Community Centre

dilligaf

3 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Not of built it in the first place springs to mind

Or built something a little more modest and in keeping with their (and their ratepayer's) means.

What is there now is modelled on one or two egos, with what is the standard expectation of, "Oh well, the public will just have to pay for what WE have done and we'll cut their services in other areas as well to help pay for it".

I sincerely hope that the requisition meeting does not let these people off the hook. They should find out exactly how many people wanted this and what was the democratic go-ahead. Because I doubt very much that there was one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Or built something a little more modest and in keeping with their (and their ratepayer's) means.

What is there now is modelled on one or two egos, with what is the standard expectation of, "Oh well, the public will just have to pay for what WE have done and we'll cut their services in other areas as well to help pay for it".

I sincerely hope that the requisition meeting does not let these people off the hook. They should find out exactly how many people wanted this and what was the democratic go-ahead. Because I doubt very much that there was one.

Yes, compare to Onchan's well used The Hub (admittedly 'unsexy' but very functional) , which would surely have been a more appropriate size for Braddan to aim for, despite a population of 1/3rd of Onchan's. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

It used to be but didn’t the DOI unload responsibility for hedge trimming on to the local authorities a couple of years ago.

As long ago as 2015. Part of DOI "savings" under Gawne.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

Yes, compare to Onchan's well used The Hub (admittedly 'unsexy' but very functional) , which would surely have been a more appropriate size for Braddan to aim for, despite a population of 1/3rd of Onchan's. 

It makes it all the more hilarious that Jessopp is trying to block new residential developments in Braddan. 

Some brass neck that fella has, not handing in his resignation already.

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2024 at 7:48 AM, Banker said:

The sports courts at NSC are always booked out and difficult to get court time

Errrr. No they’re fckn not. As I use them frequently and never or ever have I  had trouble booking them either at supposedly peak times or not. 

infact go online now and find when it’s ever booked out. 

You must work for government.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Errrr. No they’re fckn not. As I use them frequently and never or ever have I  had trouble booking them either at supposedly peak times or not. 

I doubt he works for anyone 

15 hours ago, Gizo said:

I don’t us them , going on what regular users tell me, particularly for 5 a side.

.....but even if it was one or two comms pushing the idea the whole of the comms must have seen some logic to the proposal being feasible???

There must have been some projection that such a project would have rents covering costs???

So....... not possible to blame this totally on Jesopp??? Was he really so powerful????

I hope it works out well fot the people of Braddan!!!

Projection ?     It probably sounded like a wonderful idea at the time but renting out is always problematic especially in the current climate.    I would imagine there are a good many landlords being very patient with tenants atm and a lot being left with rent owing when businesses close.   In hard times it is the leisure and pleasure industries that will suffer the most, I reckon there is a lot of hidden debt around.   If you go down the civil court way you will be awarded a tenner a week which will be forthcoming for a few weeks then intermittently.    I wonder how much is owed by Companies to the MUA by late payers and wait until the rate collection gets going.  How many people are riding around without road tax ?   Frightening.