Braddan Commissioners Community Centre

dilligaf

9 minutes ago, John Wright said:

DHSC/Manx Care gave a temporary consent to construction traffic. That would act as a licence, for that purpose, but not a general easement of access.

so all the construction traffic was not a problem , big lorrys etc etc , but a few cars going for a coffee and a sandwich and the place will be gridlocked ??   

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, WTF said:

so all the construction traffic was not a problem , big lorrys etc etc , but a few cars going for a coffee and a sandwich and the place will be gridlocked ??   

Im just explaining the legal consequences. No idea what congestion the construction traffic caused. 

Think it was limited to one route in, and it’s damaged the carriageway surface.

But there’s a difference between 10 movements a day and several hundred, in safety terms, which is what is being claimed, not gridlock.

• Thanks 1

Just now, John Wright said:

Im just explaining the legal consequences. No idea what congestion the construction traffic caused. 

Think it was limited to one route in, and it’s damaged the carriageway surface.

But there’s a difference between 10 movements a day and several hundred, in safety terms, which is what is being claimed, not gridlock.

i guess,  but all the site workers would have been turning up too so i think more than 10 movements a day would have been the norm.  i personally dont see a real problem with the proposed route in from the strang stores side of the plot , it just looks like some spiteful pissing contest is taking place at the moment.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, WTF said:

i guess,  but all the site workers would have been turning up too so i think more than 10 movements a day would have been the norm.  i personally dont see a real problem with the proposed route in from the strang stores side of the plot , it just looks like some spiteful pissing contest is taking place at the moment.

But people coming from Douglas or Onchan direction won’t drive all the way around to ballaoates site they’ll just come up main road and go past Palatine, diabetes and a&e entrances and that road is narrow with no pavement 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, HelmutX said:

Not only a vote of no confidence, but PERSONAL accountability! Making financial decisions that are of personal nature and preference .... FFS!!! Bring back hanging!

They'll have no liability at all.  That's how these things work.  No one does anything these days without confirming in advance that they'll not be liable in any shape or form, not matter how bad the decision. 

Shame that's not how it works for the rest of us in the real world. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

But people coming from Douglas or Onchan direction won’t drive all the way around to ballaoates site they’ll just come up main road and go past Palatine, diabetes and a&e entrances and that road is narrow with no pavement 

hence my gate suggestion earlier ,  it could even be raising bollards rather than a gate , but a gate is cheaper .

7 minutes ago, WTF said:

hence my gate suggestion earlier ,  it could even be raising bollards rather than a gate , but a gate is cheaper .

So people going to a&e and diabetes and palatine would need to go through a gate or bollards, how would those going for hospital appointments and those going for a coffee or a game of 5 a side? 
you couldn’t so it’s completely unworkable suggestion 

1 hour ago, Banker said:

So people going to a&e and diabetes and palatine would need to go through a gate or bollards, how would those going for hospital appointments and those going for a coffee or a game of 5 a side? 
you couldn’t so it’s completely unworkable suggestion 

gate/bollards where the blue line is , i feel sorry for whoever lives in the house circled in green , had their serene location well and truly fuckedl

image.png.ae292104eed9f709195365c726fdc947.jpg

3 hours ago, WTF said:

gate/bollards where the blue line is , i feel sorry for whoever lives in the house circled in green , had their serene location well and truly fuckedl

image.png.ae292104eed9f709195365c726fdc947.jpg

So they come in main road, and follow road around past hospice and follow road around to roundhouse, same route bus goes I think and many others visiting greenfield cafe etc.

This is going to be a blinder!  The lynching will be at the Roundhouse.  But no one will be able to access it or park at the hospital (which will be mostly empty at 7pm). 

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/no-parking-at-nobles-for-roundhouse-meeting-says-minister/

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Why not?  Who do you imagine will be there to stop them?

Good point. 

Although based on current antics, I fully expect Storm Troopers solely answerable to Alf to be mobilized in the next couple of weeks.