Braddan Commissioners Community Centre

dilligaf

Had a walk around today & all that’s been done is a temporary road sign saying no right turn on exit. The roads 2 way with lots of traffic going that way so that sign will be totally ignored!!

I can just see the way this is going patients will have to get a ticket to park and pay unless they send a two hour free ticket out with appointments .    It still won’t solve the problem that is going to get much worse before it gets sorted.   It is only fair to say Laurie Hooper is acting on behalf of Manx Trust who own the land and they have a right to control what the roads on the land are used for.

5 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

I can just see the way this is going patients will have to get a ticket to park and pay unless they send a two hour free ticket out with appointments .    It still won’t solve the problem that is going to get much worse before it gets sorted.   It is only fair to say Laurie Hooper is acting on behalf of Manx Trust who own the land and they have a right to control what the roads on the land are used for.

I don't think this is really a parking issue.  The Roundhouse has parking that in theory is sufficient for its users.  It's all about the access to the place using the Hospital roads.  Although admittedly the lynching on Monday might have more attendees than the Roundhouse carpark allows, so they'll probably park at the hospital, but it will be at 7pm so it won't be busy anyway. 

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

the lynching on Monday

I’ll bet all the money in my pockets against all the money in your pockets that the much vaunted “lynching” turns out to be a damp squib of massive proportions.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

I’ll bet all the money in my pockets against all the money in your pockets that the much vaunted “lynching” turns out to be a damp squib of massive proportions.

Some lint and a dog biscuit?

I'm curious to be honest and am still intending to go (parking and access dependent).  I have seen a few meetings like this descend into chaos. 

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

I don't think this is really a parking issue.  The Roundhouse has parking that in theory is sufficient for its users.  It's all about the access to the place using the Hospital roads.  Although admittedly the lynching on Monday might have more attendees than the Roundhouse carpark allows, so they'll probably park at the hospital, but it will be at 7pm so it won't be busy anyway. 

I think this is right and from the start it was assumed that the highest parking requirements for the Roundhouse would normally be at evenings and weekends when Palatine's parking would not be heavily used and available as overflow.  Fred's right that the Hospital parking needs sorting out (and has done for years) but there won't be many Roundhouse visitors using it at any time.  Can you imagine any Manx car driver walking that far?

The meeting will probably degenerate into the usual shouting fiasco as the usual obsessives sound off at great length. 

I think a fair few people will turn up to express their opinion about the rate rise. I mean they filled the legion about some bins, so… 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

I think a fair few people will turn up to express their opinion about the rate rise. I mean they filled the legion about some bins, so… 

Yebbut, that was bins!   A whole different level of…something or other…

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Some lint and a dog biscuit?

I'm curious to be honest and am still intending to go (parking and access dependent).  I have seen a few meetings like this descend into chaos. 

Don't drive, get a lift (or some buses), turn up high and drunk and have a great time, heckle.

• Haha 2