Braddan Commissioners Community Centre

dilligaf

2 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

Hooper is doing his job .   That road is not sustainable for heavy traffic it is the property of the Manx Hospital Trust and they have to think of patients safety.  The whole concept is a joke and Braddan Commissioners are trying to detract blame by passing the buck .The Commissioners have failed on all sides and even if the Trust turned around and gave them permission to use the road temporarily until they could sort out a proper exit and entry it would still be a joke.     They are going to punish the ratepayers for decades to make up the shortfall between income and outgoings I.e. interest payments  not even taking in consideration any essential repairs and maintenance .

I agree roads aren’t suitable but Braddan now can’t afford to build a road, suppose they may now drop objections to Hartford homes new 330 houses development to get  extra income 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Don't know about Jessopp moving

He now lives in the parish of Lonan having lived in the Braddan area for around the last 20 years. Very odd timing. 

1 hour ago, FANDL said:

He now lives in the parish of Lonan having lived in the Braddan area for around the last 20 years. Very odd timing. 

But he does have an interest in a small converted chapel in Port Soderick where he keeps his motorbikes

Update from Clare Christian, seems jessop & co holding road up

Update on Round House:
🛣️ Access Road
During the recent requisition meeting with the Commissioners, Mr. Jessop explained that the delay in starting the road construction was due to the lack of permission from the DHSC at that time. Following the meeting, I reached out to the Minister and Department the next day for clarification, and here is the latest update:
The Department has already provided preliminary approval for the project in principle, expressing eagerness to proceed with the construction of the access road. However, the delay lies in obtaining a signed legal license for tree felling and construction commencement, as there have been ongoing changes in Braddan's requirements.
While initial agreement for tree felling was reached on February 15th, subsequent amendments and requests from Braddan resulted in back-and-forth exchanges, leading to delays in finalising the license. Despite sending multiple versions of the license to accommodate the changes, Braddan continued to suggest revisions as of the latest meeting on March 11th.
As of today, March 14th, Braddan has raised further queries on the 12th March (the day after the meeting), another license was sent to Braddan on the 13th March, and today Braddan have come back with further queries, thus license not signed.
In summary, the DHSC has been supportive of Braddan's efforts to proceed, yet the process has been prolonged due to evolving project specifications from Braddan’s end.
It's crucial to highlight and give balance that the Braddan Commissioners have the right to alter their plans and make queries, however the primary reason for the delay was not obtaining the necessary licenses from DHSC, a point that wasn't entirely clear during the meeting. It is my understanding that 3 licenses have been sent to Braddan Commissioners since the 25th Feb to date for them to sign. This is definitely a complex situation and I do hope that it is resolved swiftly.
🚦Temporary pedestrian crossing
Good news! Additionally, I received images of temporary pedestrian crossing yesterday (which was a condition of the planning approval), and the DOI minister advised me that after a few more checks, the project would move forward to the next stage for approval, likely involving DEFA and planning department. This is essential for the nursery to receive the license from the DHSC for them to open.
Clearly both parties are trying to resolve the situation. The main focus now is to ensure the successful opening of the building, for the rate payers and users of essential services like the nursery and sensory hub.

On 3/12/2024 at 9:03 PM, FANDL said:

Lonan seems to be a bit of a retreat for noshers who have cost rate and taxpayers millions. 

Why is there direct vehicle access to Palatine carpark ( all be it controlled by a barrier) Could they not just drive round park and walk being it is only supposed to be used evenings and weekends. The chanced of the barrier being closed and raised will go out of the window after a month, with Palatine car park being close to the roundhouse entrance guess where people will park. Being most people are lazy and entitled.

Oh good play MHK Christian, lay on the emotional black mail at the end.

Edited by Dirty Buggane
  • Thanks 1

I see there have been temporary traffic lights  placed on a made up pedestrian crossing right at the  mini roundabout  on Braddan road  with the Ballaoats road junction  cant think of a more dangerous or unsuitable place to put this , had the traffic management  schemes for the Roundhouse been properly  considered  ,you would have thought  safe access for pedestrians would have been implemented  before the place opened , , very few people will walk to the roundhouse and there is no where for people to park on these B roads  or the housing estate anyway , 

just another expensive mess by the looks of things !

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Omobono said:

I see there have been temporary traffic lights  placed on a made up pedestrian crossing right at the  mini roundabout  on Braddan road  with the Ballaoats road junction  cant think of a more dangerous or unsuitable place to put this , had the traffic management  schemes for the Roundhouse been properly  considered  ,you would have thought  safe access for pedestrians would have been implemented  before the place opened , , very few people will walk to the roundhouse and there is no where for people to park on these B roads  or the housing estate anyway , 

just another expensive mess by the looks of things !

Presumably something DHSC insisted on. Must cost a fair bit per day hiring the lights

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

Presumably something DHSC insisted on. Must cost a fair bit per day hiring the lights

It's too satisfy the planning requirements for the Roundhouse nursery. Something which seemingly no other nursery on the island has had as an operating requirement

Edited by yorik

1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

More likely it was DoI - since it’s on a public road and not on the hospital estate.

1 hour ago, yorik said:

It's too satisfy the planning requirements for the Roundhouse nursery. Something which seemingly no other nursery on the island has had as an operating requirement

I doubt both of these - DOI have little influence as no real change to the roads & doesn't seem something planning would typically get involved with, whereas DHSC need to license the Nursery & access road.