Braddan Commissioners Community Centre

dilligaf

I think on the original plans there was a road, open to correction on this, but they were running out of money and just abandoned that plan and went on building the Roundhouse regardless.    The whole conception is crazy they will never generate enough income to meet the outgoings, I feel so sorry for the residents of Braddan but blaming the failure of this nonsensical idea on other people is just not on it is a distraction that some people have fallen for unfortunately.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Does the Planning Department have a responsibility when approving the plans?

a government department with responsibility ?     that's a good one.

• Haha 5

I was reading something this morning that 1 in 5 local authorities in the UK are at risk of going bust.  That's in addition to the big ones like Birmingham that recently went pop. 

I wonder at what point that is deemed to be the case?  For Braddan, they've built something that is clearly unaffordable and and had to put up the existing rates by more than a third.  If it were a company, surely it would be declared bust or simply wouldn't have any customers left, after cranking it's charges up by so much.  I suppose it has fairly significant assets it could sell (but won't).  I suppose they think they can just milk their residents ad finitum. 

56 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

I was reading something this morning that 1 in 5 local authorities in the UK are at risk of going bust.  That's in addition to the big ones like Birmingham that recently went pop. 

I wonder at what point that is deemed to be the case?  For Braddan, they've built something that is clearly unaffordable and and had to put up the existing rates by more than a third.  If it were a company, surely it would be declared bust or simply wouldn't have any customers left, after cranking it's charges up by so much.  I suppose it has fairly significant assets it could sell (but won't).  I suppose they think they can just milk their residents ad finitum. 

Council tax increases limited by law in UK to 5%/3% depending on what services they do. Braddan would have had to cut services elsewhere and likely file for the section 114 (bankruptcy equivalent) if the same was in force here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fred the shred said:

I think on the original plans there was a road, open to correction on this, but they were running out of money and just abandoned that plan and went on building the Roundhouse regardless.    The whole conception is crazy they will never generate enough income to meet the outgoings, I feel so sorry for the residents of Braddan but blaming the failure of this nonsensical idea on other people is just not on it is a distraction that some people have fallen for unfortunately.

This is incorrect look at the original approved planning application. The proposed road was a subsequent one.

Edited by Mercenary

7 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

Council tax increases limited by law in UK to 5%/3% depending on what services they do. Braddan would have had to cut services elsewhere and likely file for the section 114 (bankruptcy equivalent) if the same was in force here

Yep, that was my understanding too.  If they were in the UK, they would have busted themselves over this.  

19 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

Not strictly true as uk government can allow extra rises eg Birmingham going up 21% over 2 years plus massive cuts in services, libraries, orchestra, parks etc etc. Lots of councils in UK are in similar situation.

7 hours ago, Banker said:

Recently been on some of the roads in Uk and you could plant crops in some of the holes never mind daffodils !

My comment was meant as a joke fuckwit.

I will keep paying my taxes in Essex to make the UK better...............

3 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

It is not spite sheer or otherwise if you were a patient that had to park in the hospital main car park and then make your way in a wheelchair or on sticks to the hospital buildings which have very busy clinics down a narrow road with no pavement.   There are about eight parking spaces outside the clinic but the chance of finding one empty is like getting a Tesco delivery or winning the lottery.   The DATU clinic and other clinics are busy and when I go it is mostly elderly people using it.    The Hospital Trust has a duty to their patients and Laurie Hooper is right in putting patient safety first.   The fault lies fairly and squarely with Braddan Commissioners who built without any thought as to providing a proper entry and exit .   

I used to use DATU 12+ years ago and unless there has been a big shift in disability access on the rock, Including most shockingly,  no proper disabled access to lots of gov buildings, and also lots of other places like restaurants, pubs, hotels etc.  as in,  NO proper access to buildings for people with disabilities

Then the situation will be the same

No one will be trying to get to DATU in a chair on their own.

Ever.

Mr Hooper.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

My comment was meant as a joke fuckwit.

I will keep paying my taxes in Essex to make the UK better...............

So was mine arsehole!! The longer you stay in Essex the better for everyone here!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

in a real ironic twist of fate i was up the hospital today and i ended parking at the roundhouse to go to A&E ,  i think jessops jokers should be the ones worrying about carpark usage rather than DHSC.

1 hour ago, WTF said:

in a real ironic twist of fate i was up the hospital today and i ended parking at the roundhouse to go to A&E ,  i think jessops jokers should be the ones worrying about carpark usage rather than DHSC.

So you ignored the signs not to park there!

59 minutes ago, Banker said:

So you ignored the signs not to park there!

the sign said it was a  disc zone , usually they are in parking areas so why wouldn't i park there ?