Braddan Commissioners Community Centre

dilligaf

33 minutes ago, WTF said:

the sign said it was a  disc zone , usually they are in parking areas so why wouldn't i park there ?

Thought it said only for roundhouse use, palatine is disc parking now.

Anyway my substantial rates bill arrived today to pay for the F’thing which I’ll never use!

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Thought it said only for roundhouse use, palatine is disc parking now.

Anyway my substantial rates bill arrived today to pay for the F’thing which I’ll never use!

with the amount of works vans up there today i would suggest half the signage was invisible so maybe that sign was there but not visible to me.

the kids outside play area surprised with the height of that tower with the tube/bendy enclosed slide, it looked quite steep.

Edited by WTF

On 3/18/2024 at 10:57 AM, Banker said:

Recently been on some of the roads in Uk and you could plant crops in some of the holes never mind daffodils !

There are some outside BAE Warton that could be used for moon landing trials. They are seriously unsafe. Surprisingly despite intensive lobbying, no urgency as to repairs.

The DoI do tend to fix the really unsafe stuff quite quickly 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/commissioners-refute-health-ministers-claims-that-theyre-acting-in-bad-faith-681955

I saw this one seems far from a resolution unfortunately.

"[Hooper] added that he is ‘willing to help Braddan out of the mess they’ve created for themselves but this cannot come at the expense of public safety or the taxpayer’.

In response to the Minister’s comments, Braddan Commissioners said it ‘totally refutes these allegations’ and added that ‘if anyone is acting in bad faith and with malice, it’s the Minister’."

Surely Hooper will have to back down at some point?

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Oooh look. More debt for Braddan ratepayers..

Screenshot_20240502-190001_Samsung Internet.jpg

Standard local authority behaviour.

Borrow borrow borrow. Go bankrupt. Get rescued by central government.

On 4/9/2024 at 5:16 PM, Banker said:

Thanks.  The sports hall is pretty good and the kids in our extended families are enjoying the play area that you paid for.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Anthony Ingham said:

Thanks.  The sports hall is pretty good and the kids in our extended families are enjoying the play area that you are paying for.

Corrected

• Haha 1

Is there a way to bring these councilors to account?

The Roundhouse fiasco warrants investigation.

The borrowing of another large long term debt to do what they should be doing is very odd. I presume more large loans will be required in due course.

Can a government appointed auditor step in to look into what has been going on, and prosecute if warranted? If the council cannot manage money prudently and are extravagantly wasting ratepayers money there must be a mechanism to deal with it.

Too late for the next elections (and the birds will have flown by then).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, philwebs said:

Is there a way to bring these councilors to account?

The Roundhouse fiasco warrants investigation.

The borrowing of another large long term debt to do what they should be doing is very odd. I presume more large loans will be required in due course.

Can a government appointed auditor step in to look into what has been going on, and prosecute if warranted? If the council cannot manage money prudently and are extravagantly wasting ratepayers money there must be a mechanism to deal with it.

Too late for the next elections (and the birds will have flown by then).

You'd think so wouldn't you?  But no, none of them will be held liable or responsible.  Their demeanor during the Lynching only confirmed this. 

31 minutes ago, philwebs said:

It's not odd at all it's the normal way that property refurbishment is done for local authorities.  These are 18 local authority houses, dating from the 1930s, that are said to need new roofs and windows.  Taking out a loan is the standard way this happens and required government approval.  There's full details of everything here:

https://braddan.im/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/Petition-Coronation-and-Jubilee-roofs-2.pdf

Now there are all sorts of general questions involved here as to the system and the costs and the way bidding happens and so on.  But none of them are the particular fault of Braddan, assuming that there is a real need for this work to be done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why should the Braddan Commissioners be concerned ?  It is not their money so it doesn’t really matter or count .   Unfortunately this is the way these people think, not just them either the Government seem to have the same careless attitude with other people’s money to the point of spending money that is not there.    The younger generations are going to inherit debt every way they turn I truly feel sorry for them.    The playground may be great but surely it takes the shine off when you realise that it is going to be worn out and useless before it is paid for.