Braddan Commissioners Community Centre

dilligaf

The FoI ID is 3860377.

"1) Please provide evidence, specifically documents and legislation, that confirms the
Department of Health and Social Care has the legal rights to close and/or restrict
vehicular access to The Roundhouse on the Strang Corner Fields"

"Whilst our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance the
Department of Health and Social Care (the Department) does not hold or cannot, after
taking reasonable steps to do so, find the information that you have requested."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Two-lane said:

The FoI ID is 3860377.

"1) Please provide evidence, specifically documents and legislation, that confirms the
Department of Health and Social Care has the legal rights to close and/or restrict
vehicular access to The Roundhouse on the Strang Corner Fields"

"Whilst our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance the
Department of Health and Social Care (the Department) does not hold or cannot, after
taking reasonable steps to do so, find the information that you have requested."

That’s because it relates to Manx common law relating to land ownership.

if you own a plot of land are you entitled to allow those you want, and restrict those you don’t want, from crossing it? The answer is yes, unless there’s a registered right of way in the Deeds or Land Registry. There’s nothing in writing. It’s the law.

Turn the question in the FoI on its head. Does the land belonging to Braddan Commissioners, and upon which the Round House is built, have the benefit of a written right of way over the Nobles Hospital Estate?

2 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

Quite right Braddan Commissioners are totally in the wrong here the land is privately owned and they are in their rights to put patient safety first and foremost.

Both Braddan Commissioners and DHSC are both at fault. Braddan Commissioners have made a complete dog’s breakfast and the ratepayers will end up paying, whilst the DHSC and Minister Hooperman are playing power games with each other. 

2 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Both Braddan Commissioners and DHSC are both at fault. Braddan Commissioners have made a complete dog’s breakfast and the ratepayers will end up paying

The cost and futility are a totally separate issue to the access.

3 minutes ago, 2112 said:

whilst the DHSC and Minister Hooperman are playing power games with each other. 

I see. So you own a house  on your bit of land, you have a private footpath from the front garden to the back garden. Next door landowner builds on their plot but use your path to access their plot and new house. You’re perfectly entitled to say, hang on, No!

19 minutes ago, John Wright said:

have the benefit of a written right of way over the Nobles Hospital Estate?

A paragraph in the FoI response helpfully gives a link to a list of IoM Public Rights of Way. There are only four of them - but I suppose you knew that anyway...

59 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Turn the question in the FoI on its head. Does the land belonging to Braddan Commissioners, and upon which the Round House is built, have the benefit of a written right of way over the Nobles Hospital Estate?

it would be funny if jessop could stop DHSC accessing the hospital.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

A paragraph in the FoI response helpfully gives a link to a list of IoM Public Rights of Way. There are only four of them - but I suppose you knew that anyway...

A right of way can be either private or public. That’s why I didn’t specify.

"unanimously re-elected after standing unopposed"

I wonder why no one else stood?  There's a poisoned chalice if ever I saw one.  Although does this mean that Braddan has now turned into his personal fiefdom? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

"unanimously re-elected after standing unopposed"

I wonder why no one else stood?  There's a poisoned chalice if ever I saw one.  Although does this mean that Braddan has now turned into his personal fiefdom? 

Yes, fiefdom ………… definitely. Village Idiot ……………. hands down.

At least he can continue to take ownership of every issue arising. His problem. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Yes, fiefdom ………… definitely.

Well it is Jessop's Folly, so we may as well keep up with the medieval references. 

1 hour ago, Hairy Poppins said:

Local authority elections next year?

Presumably 24 April 2025.  Someone said that Jessopp had moved out of the Parish, so it may be he won't stand again.  Though legally you can stand for a local authority wherever you live on the Island, you just need to have lived here for five years (in your entire life) and not be here illegally.