Braddan Commissioners Community Centre

dilligaf

Jessop has been around politics for long enough to realise that this has scuppered any chance for the Keys.

If the Roundhouse had gone to plan, it could have been his saviour?

Yer pays yer money............

13 hours ago, John Wright said:

Well. That’s one way of looking at it. It’s DHSC land, they don’t have to give it away, yet they are. That suggests that it’s DHSC that’s trying to find a solution that favours Braddan at the expense of taxpayers

But the significant thing is that this is happening now.  The planning for the access road was put in by Braddan well over a year ago and passed.  If the land had been available for a nominal amount then, you would have expected them to snap it up then or before.  Could DHSC have been trying to get a much larger amount for the land and only now been ordered to transfer it to stop this embarrassing row going on?  I'm not sure much else would explain the order in which things happened.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Where did the figure of £250 come from?

A nominal sum is £1. Was this a negotiated number?

Peppercorns are expensive. There’s a shortage, plus covid, and Brexit.

Always used to be 5/- ( 25p )

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Jessop has been around politics for long enough to realise that this has scuppered any chance for the Keys.

If the Roundhouse had gone to plan, it could have been his saviour?

Yer pays yer money............

He didn’t get anywhere in the Douglas South by-election in 2021

32 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

But the significant thing is that this is happening now.  The planning for the access road was put in by Braddan well over a year ago and passed.  If the land had been available for a nominal amount then, you would have expected them to snap it up then or before.  Could DHSC have been trying to get a much larger amount for the land and only now been ordered to transfer it to stop this embarrassing row going on?  I'm not sure much else would explain the order in which things happened.

But the row wasn’t about that, was it. It was about Braddan having run out of money after an overspend and saying “we have a letter giving us a right over the Nobles Estate roadways”. 

They may have had a letter, but it didn’t do that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve_Christian said:

He didn’t get anywhere in the Douglas South by-election in 2021

No but he'd be in Garff next time out? Got to stand a chance against that Smith? guy. Although there was a creditable teacher last time GE.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Peppercorns are expensive. There’s a shortage, plus covid, and Brexit.

Always used to be 5/- ( 25p )

I once saw a lease with a peppercorn rent,  if demanded.  The accrual by the accounts department was interesting, no-one was allowed to use the pepper mill. 

• Haha 1

On 6/21/2024 at 3:51 PM, Kopek said:

No but he'd be in Garff next time out? Got to stand a chance against that Smith? guy. Although there was a creditable teacher last time GE.

He would have no chance whatsoever in Garff. Smith was voted in by god-bothering grannies who with any luck will be dead by the next election, and I hope Gareth Young gives it another go.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Harry Lamb said:

He would have no chance whatsoever in Garff. Smith was voted in by god-bothering grannies who with any luck will be dead by the next election, and I hope Gareth Young gives it another go.

I really hope, serious and grown up people stand, no more village parish pump. Only worldly experienced and proper people with proper life experience, having worked in proper jobs, standing as MHKs etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That young man who was the MLP candidate was really impressive and I hoped he would get in, by memory he wasn’t far behind.    That Smith character does not stand a snowballs though I doubt he will stand again.   I wish the election was a lot nearer there are some serious changes to be made this lot are inept and cannot make a decision .   There have never been so many cans kicked so far and the fence is broken.   A really poor show.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2024 at 5:30 PM, Harry Lamb said:

and I hope Gareth Young gives it another go.

On 6/22/2024 at 11:33 PM, Fred the shred said:

That young man who was the MLP candidate was really impressive and I hoped he would get in, by memory he wasn’t far behind.    

I think he was an IT teacher who had to quit in order to campaign?  Anyway following not getting voted in, he then got re-employed by one of the gaming cos on a shit load more than he would as a teacher (and probably more than he would get as an MHK).  So that ship has probably sailed for Garff.  

3 hours ago, The Phantom said:

I think he was an IT teacher who had to quit in order to campaign?  Anyway following not getting voted in, he then got re-employed by one of the gaming cos on a shit load more than he would as a teacher (and probably more than he would get as an MHK).  So that ship has probably sailed for Garff.  

A scientist IIRC