Braddan Commissioners Community Centre

dilligaf

15 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

BC has asked if they can use the Dr Surgery up there after hours this apparently is not acceptable.   I can see why , who is going to police the parking, clients of the RH will be using it all day and patients won’t be able to park.   So even if the Govt. had allowed RH clientele to use the roadway, which is not suitable, there would still be a parking problem.    How did this ever get through planning ?

DHSC supported the scheme at that time

image.png.1d4057862d540701588b31511cd32e50.png

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Hairy Poppins said:

Thanks, Andrew.

😂

I do think public bodies should generally be able to trust commitments and assurances given by each other without needing a whole raft of legal agreements (legal fees for both, taxpayer funded, sides) between authorities/Departments. If there was a substantive change then fair enough.

But that's just my view. (And if you don't like it I'll get back in unopposed anyway)

• Haha 2

The problem is once permission to us a facility is given there are always people who will take the Mick it will probably happen anyway as I cannot see how parking in Palatine surgery space can be policed.   I am glad this is not the one I use and feel sorry for the people who will be affected I hope they do not spread into DATU spaces as there are not many there to start with.    On a positive note perhaps the amount of footfall will not be as great as forecasted , they have got the sums wrong before.

People will abuse parking spaces wherever they are?

LAs are another layer of representation of the People, along with the Keys. The two have to work together to achieve that electorate expectation. These buggers don't seem to be doing that? Rather they are playing games of one upmanship to the detriment of all people, local or national???

• 2 weeks later...

According to Braddan Commissioners, their new access road is estimated to cost £200,000. I can envisage that this ‘road’ willl be the islands most expensive path, as it’s likely to cost well more than its current estimate. From the NPM -

Braddan Commissioners met yesterday (13 August) to discuss issues affecting the parish; including the agreement with the Department of Health and Social Care for the new Roundhouse access road.

The commissioners received notice from the Attorney General that the conveyance was ready to be signed and has since been completed. 

The board was told that there is also provision for a land swap which includes a small chunk of land at Palatine GP. 

There could also be a separate arrangement in place to use the GP surgery’s car park for out of hours use, but this is still under consideration. 

Chair Andrew Jessopp said he’s pleased that an agreement has been reach with the Department of Health and Social Care and believes the roadway could be ready by December:

Meanwhile, the pharmacy, which is planned to be in The Roundhouse, has been setback due to a delay in a letter confirming its operation from Manx Care. 

However the board was told it would be open fairly soon once this has been granted. 

Also on the agenda was an update about the local authority’s five year plan and how to get people interested in joining the board. 

Commissioner John Quaye said there’s a lot of apathy around local politics and it would be hard to get people to stand. 

Mr Jessopp said that if people weren’t minded to join after the issues with The Roundhouse and the public meeting which was held then it might be an uncontested election. 

The board agreed to encourage people they think might be a good fit to stand in the elections next year. 

Braddan Commissioners will next meet on Thursday 29 August.

MR Jessop has said in a rather rambling way in IOM Today that he is hoping it will go to plan but may go over estimate, another estimate dreamed up on the legendary ciggy packet I suppose.   Also he thinks the Government should pay half I don’t reckon much to his chances on that score.

4 minutes ago, Hairy Poppins said:

So how would one go about naming the new access road Jessopp's Folly? 

Nah, the Folly is the Roundhouse.

This would have to be the Yellow Brick Road or Pathway of Broken Dreams or something. 

• Haha 1