Braddan Commissioners Community Centre

dilligaf

• 3 weeks later...

Went up to see what all the fuss is about. 

The cafe space is cavernous and unwelcoming.

Cafe, all day breakfast and a bacon bap and a tea and a coffee £19.00. No baps, so bacon sandwich. No sausages. Small portions. Good quality. Poor value. Staff very nice.

Ate outside, overlooking the kids play area. 

Wont be returning.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Cafe, all day breakfast and a bacon bap and a tea and a coffee £19.00. No baps, so bacon sandwich. No sausages. Small portions. Good quality. Poor value. Staff very nice.

Wont be returning.

Might be worth trying again when they find an operator.  At the moment it's being run in-house, but they're looking for someone to run it properly from January.

Edited by Roger Mexico
Typo

24 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

May I enquire what the all day breakfast consisted of, as my ever increasing waistline will attest to I love a good fry up. Or even a mediocre one

2 slices toast, small tub of beans, two small rashers, two small fried eggs, two hash browns. Served on a huge plate. Looked very insignificant.

Bacon sarnie was two slices thick bread, no spread or butter, two small pieces of bacon.

19 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Might be worth trying again when they find an operator.  At the moment it's being run in-house, but they're looking for someone to run it properly from January.

The room is just so depressing. Nice views. Staff seemed Philippino. Very pleasant. Did apologise for no baps.

Signage is dire.

Your link says “interim service would offer drinks, cakes and sandwiches.”. They’re certainly offering much more than that.

It'll be very expensive to heat as it’s triple height.

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Wont be returning.

I went in earlier and had a cup of tea and agree it’s huge but they’ve now got a pool table in to fill a gap! Probably about 10/12 people eating or drinking, overheads must be horrendous.

I normally go to greenfield cafe around the corner, very cosy, friendly and good quality so will return back there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

A new operator started this week, Caffee Roundhouse. I don't know if it's just to tide over until January though. From the menu I would guess it's S. African/Indian themed. Plus breakfasts. 

Edited by La Colombe

12 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

A new operator started this week, Caffee Roundhouse. I don't know if it's just to tide over until January though. From the menu I would guess it's S. African/Indian themed. Plus breakfasts. 

There is a big Indian/Malay history in SA.  Gandhi lived there for quite a while. 

Get yourself a Bunny Chow and thank me later. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2024 at 12:28 PM, John Wright said:

Served on a huge plate. Looked very insignificant.

If it had been severed on a small plate and bits kept falling of the edge on to the table top, would you have been more taken in by the size of it???

Psychology of catering!