Braddan Commissioners Community Centre

dilligaf

20 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Both will have just taken advice from the relevant people at the time.  Suggesting that it’s their own opinion is a bit silly.

I wasn't suggesting that it was solely their own opinion: the "relevant people" might have been traffic "experts" (see Two-lane's comment below) rather than hospital staff.

However, I suspect lip service will have been given to discussing it with the hospital operational staff - after all, the Minister's in charge of that area!   Why discuss anything with underlings?

16 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

I would expect them to go along with whatever the traffic experts said in their "three-letter-acronym with numbers" report.

Edited by Jarndyce

23 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

Both will have just taken advice from the relevant people at the time.  Suggesting that it’s their own opinion is a bit silly.

The original application had access via the hospital roads, and had approval from the DoI Highways Division.

There is now the necessity for an alternative access road. In the planning documents (admittedly I do not have the patience to read every document) I  did not see a technical reference for the need for the change. The only reference to the change is in that letter quoted above.

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Have you been in , it is in a terrible state and the whole building looks like it’s about to fall down ! The sausage baps etc smell good but I’m not entirely convinced that they’re cooked in premises that meet required standards.

You’re the sort of person with nothing else better to do, so why don’t you dob in Strang Stores to the Food Hygiene Inspectors, based upon your hunch. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

You’re the sort of person with nothing else better to do, so why don’t you dob in Strang Stores to the Food Hygiene Inspectors, based upon your hunch. 

I’ve been in , have you ? I just wouldn’t buy any food from there but I’ve got newspapers. The place does look as if it’s unfit , just go and look .

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Banker said:

I’ve been in , have you ? I just wouldn’t buy any food from there but I’ve got newspapers. The place does look as if it’s unfit , just go and look .

Are you now suggestion environmental health don’t regularly check the place out like they are legally required to.

Fo in and ask to see their latest certificate.  Guaranteed it won’t be an issue.

The food is very good by the way. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

Howard says yes; Lawrie says no.   I wonder if either of them discussed their responses with anyone operational at the hospital before giving (or not giving) their permission?

Howard is a self confessed millionaire  let him put a few bob in , it will teach hime to keep his mouth shut 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

Howard is a self confessed millionaire  let him put a few bob in , it will teach hime to keep his mouth shut 

Was there any discussion about Hospice using private roads when they were given permission to build? I think Donald Gelling gave them the land to build on.

1 minute ago, Moghrey Mie said:

Was there any discussion about Hospice using private roads when they were given permission to build? I think Donald Gelling gave them the land to build on.

The cancer centre place is suffering from the same clipboard wielding jobs worth's!

1 hour ago, Moghrey Mie said:

I think the Hospice is tucked away at the back, using access which isnt likely to cause issues to other service users. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, finlo said:

The cancer centre place is suffering from the same clipboard wielding jobs worth's!

Whilst I agree with your overall assessment, in the example of the Roundhouse, if users are driving in via Balloates Road, based upon the building size, and both businesses and service providers coupled with opening hours. I would argue that the entrance couldn’t support vehicle access. There is a strong likelihood of a traffic collision or clipped wing mirrors. If service users drive in via the Main Entrance, it’s going to put an unnecessary strain on both traffic and possible parking problems. 

As someone who attends the hospital and also Palatine Practice, I see the roads even before the Roundhouse are congested - it isn’t helped either by the work carried out at Grainagh Court, and also it’s an alternative entrance for hospital users and hospital staff. 

There is also a charity which is based next to the Roundhouse, which also has a cafe. It uses the same entrance. 

• Like 1

I am afraid I come out as agreeing with Hooperman on this occasion (much as it pains me), as a user of Palatine and various clinics at Grainagh Court coupled with the access to A&E the area is already congested. The roads are a narrow mishmash of junctions  and not designed in any way to hold the present amount of traffic, add into the fact that if. Big if, it is the resounding success Braddan Commissioner's hope(pray) it will be how long before people start using the parking that is already in extremely short supply. This is already happening at the Palatine Centre with people using it for the Hospital so I would imagine that it will quickly fill up with Roundhouse users when there own car park fills up and it is three steps less for them.  

• Like 2