Braddan Commissioners Community Centre

dilligaf

I would say no, but they will have to have there own access totally separate the hospital as soon as. But no doubt there will be an interim arrangement that will go on and on as they come to realise the money is not forthcoming to pay for the road. How much are they expecting the road to cost and where will it join the highway, another problem as exiting/entrance on a bend right onto a roundabout will not be ideal situation and using the DOI Cad system will in all probability throw up the need for a fly over with spaghetti junction on the side which will need the estate leveling thus leaving less rate payers to pay for the place.  

Edited by Dirty Buggane

2 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I am afraid I come out as agreeing with Hooperman on this occasion (much as it pains me), as a user of Palatine and various clinics at Grainagh Court coupled with the access to A&E the area is already congested. The roads are a narrow mishmash of junctions  and not designed in any way to hold the present amount of traffic,

If Howard Quayle hadn’t said yes in 2016, the access required could have been considered and developed along with the building plans, over the following seven years.   I find it hard to accept that neither the Nobles nor the Palatine teams raised any objection at the time - so it’s easy to conclude that they were ignored by Quayle.

I don’t know how many car park spaces this round house is providing but if there are just 20 or so staff in the building that will take up a fair amount and then of course there is the likelihood of people using the hospital car park which is very busy without any extras.    The units in his place will no doubt have deliveries so there will be trade traffic the whole idea of using the hospital grounds is ridiculous and should never have been considered.    Is the Chairman of Braddan Commissioners the same Wally who suggested altering the TT course ?

4 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I am afraid I come out as agreeing with Hooperman on this occasion (much as it pains me), as a user of Palatine and various clinics at Grainagh Court coupled with the access to A&E the area is already congested. The roads are a narrow mishmash of junctions  and not designed in any way to hold the present amount of traffic, add into the fact that if. Big if, it is the resounding success Braddan Commissioner's hope(pray) it will be how long before people start using the parking that is already in extremely short supply. This is already happening at the Palatine Centre with people using it for the Hospital so I would imagine that it will quickly fill up with Roundhouse users when there own car park fills up and it is three steps less for them.  

It’s chaos up there at best of times, you’ve also got the greenfield cafe/shop/garden centre next door which can be busy in summer, the adult learning centre etc. already they are getting people parking there to use hospital areas like the diabetes centre etc.

5 hours ago, Banker said:

It’s chaos up there at best of times, you’ve also got the greenfield cafe/shop/garden centre next door which can be busy in summer, the adult learning centre etc. already they are getting people parking there to use hospital areas like the diabetes centre etc.

Turn some of the grassed areas into car parking. Be closer to the hospital too.

Could this be a ploy by Manx Care to start charging for hospital parking like they do in the UK? It would be the perfect excuse. They can blame it all on the DoI and Braddan commissioners then.

When the public outcry starts, Allinson can sahek the magic money tree to alleiviate the problem and get the new entrance/road in.

Then they'll hope we convenientally forget the original excuse once the new road (with optional Braddan Bridge flyover) is built i.e 2,3,4 or 5 years and, and after the next election, will retain the parking charges too.

8 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

I don’t know how many car park spaces this round house is providing

I count 80 on the drawing.

8 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

The units in his place will no doubt have deliveries

From the planning application:

"Using the previously submitted ‘Transport Assessment’, HGV usage is within the range of one to two deliveries a day (two to four traffic movements)."

Wonder if the ? 100 cover restaurant will still go ahead .  Was supposed to be a cafe during the day and a restaurant for the evening . They had someone interested to run it as well but not sure if they will be interested without parking etc..