Music service and other extra services - expendable post corona?

Destinymoon

3 hours ago, Boo Gay'n said:

There are plenty of roles around - in education as much as any other department - that are hangovers from the days of plenty.  We've all seen adverts for things like 'national netball coordinator' (I made that up, but it's probably a real one) etc.  Never forget that when the Central Government Office first opened, there weren't enough civil servants to fill it!  I didn't feel under-served by the government in those days, so what has changed?

Netball Development Officer, actually - surprisingly only one of 15  in the sports development officers team (there would be 16 if they fill the currently vacant golf role!)

https://msr.gov.im/sports-development-unit/sports-development-unit/sports-development-officers/

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bankerboy said:

Netball Development Officer, actually - surprisingly only one of 15  in the sports development officers team (there would be 16 if they fill the currently vacant golf role!)

https://msr.gov.im/sports-development-unit/sports-development-unit/sports-development-officers/

Hundreds of applicants but they all dropped out when they saw the hoops you had to jump through.

• Haha 4

Having just had my Rates Demand flutter onto the doormat I can think of some cutting that I'd like to start doing. It involves some flab and their mates in the local authority.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Having just had my Rates Demand flutter onto the doormat I can think of some cutting that I'd like to start doing. It involves some flab and their mates in the local authority.

Yep, just over £2000 ( DBC and Treasury combined ) for a 4 bed detached on a small estate just in Douglas boundaries.

• Sad 2

20 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Funny you should mention rates. That explains why some chap was on Facebook praising Douglas Corporation for being the only "authority" to contact him to see if he was okay. I knew there would be a catch and they were after something.

3 hours ago, Uhtred said:

I honestly don’t know how you pull back from it...I’m all for government transparency, particularly when you look at some of the clowns involved, but the machinery of the state seems to be drowned in process and paper, which have overtaken output and delivery as the purpose. 

I remember when business computers came in with promise of paper less work places. I said at the time that there would still be paper records and so it has proved, more and more paper to support the computer societies.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, woolley said:

Pennies at the counter every Monday. Stand there while they count them.

Funny, but as a businessman you know full well that there is a limit to the amount Of coins in any denomination can be offered in any payment. Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot ?