Music service and other extra services - expendable post corona?

Destinymoon

10 hours ago, Destinymoon said:

I’ll just leave this here as an example of what our taxes are paying for. Nice sentiment, but is there an almost sneering look of satisfaction at the prospect of having 6 months off work on full pay........ ironic tune to be singing.

https://youtu.be/5a4qZnRWHQY

Maybe if you tried to play an instrument instead of whining on here, you may start to feel a little better about yourself

16 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Maybe if you tried to play an instrument instead of whining on here, you may start to feel a little better about yourself

He has a point up to a point. That video content was awful.

35 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

No time Neil sorry, gotta feed the horses down on the prom, plus make some scones down in cregneash whilst teaching some Manx....

Wonder where red sky went?

All of a sudden they disappear when asked when this service was last externally inspected???? Etc etc etc.

Wonder which part they played/SANG in the video?

6 minutes ago, Destinymoon said:

No time Neil sorry, gotta feed the horses down on the prom, plus make some scones down in cregneash whilst teaching some Manx....

All of a sudden they disappear when asked when this service was last externally inspected???? Etc etc etc.

No DESC schools or services are externally inspected on the island.

According to their website they teach 1200 kids which by my estimate is 20% of kids aged 10 to 18 in every school on the island.

It's past midnight in a Friday, get a life.

8 minutes ago, DrunkenMonkey said:

No DESC schools or services are externally inspected on the island.

According to their website they teach 1200 kids which by my estimate is 20% of kids aged 10 to 18 in every school on the island.

It's past midnight in a Friday, get a life.

Ermm read this drunkenmonkey, https://www.gov.im/about-the-government/departments/education-sport-and-culture/education-improvement-service/school-self-review-and-evaluation-reports/ 

In order to test out the judgements schools are making about themselves and ensure rigour and objectivity, a validator from an organisation called Graham Reeves Ltd then visits the school with an adviser from the Department of Education, Sport and Culture.”

Jeepers and this company is from Bromley. Bet that ain’t cheap. https://www.grahamreeves.co.uk/contact

No record of any inspection on there either....

Now where’s the drink....I am enjoying the replies.

plus 20% is a figure off a website....... is it really that many??? Who knows apart from the dept as no public records available? 

3 minutes ago, Destinymoon said:

Ermm read this drunkenmonkey, https://www.gov.im/about-the-government/departments/education-sport-and-culture/education-improvement-service/school-self-review-and-evaluation-reports/ 

In order to test out the judgements schools are making about themselves and ensure rigour and objectivity, a validator from an organisation called Graham Reeves Ltd then visits the school with an adviser from the Department of Education, Sport and Culture.”

Jeepers and this company is from Bromley. Bet that ain’t cheap. https://www.grahamreeves.co.uk/contact

No record of any inspection on there either....

Now where’s the drink....I am enjoying the replies.

plus 20% is a figure off a website....... is it really that many??? Who knows apart from the dept as no public records available? 

Actually read the link you posted.

An external validation of a School Self Review and Evaluation is not the same as an External Inspection. You are objectively wrong. Even as a casual observer from an entirely different sector, I can tell you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to this subject.

The previous posters were right, you have a chip on your shoulder.

40 minutes ago, Destinymoon said:

Now I know that 'internet points', 'likes', 'upvotes' whatever are mostly meaningless, but it is interesting to note that red skys post has received a significant, almost unusual (9+ as I write) support in that way from the manx forums community,. Unlike most of your own posts. Do you think that everyone else is wrong and you are right?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Destinymoon said:

Can you knit me a jumper from shredded wheat?

7 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Now I know that 'internet points', 'likes', 'upvotes' whatever are mostly meaningless, but it is interesting to note that red skys post has received a significant, almost unusual (9+ as I write) support in that way from the manx forums community,. Unlike most of your own posts. Do you think that everyone else is wrong and you are right?

This is great, I love that the assumption that a few mates agreeing to something together makes it right, so it provides an opportunity to bash my suggestion as wrong.

ok, let’s go again:

1. Music is a good thing

2. no one said do away with it

3. my suggestion is it needs done differently...

4. The Music Service isn’t the only thing that needs to change post corona by the way!

here’s a case study that helps us understand perhaps what by a google search has happened elsewhere. A success story no less!

https://www.musicmark.org.uk/news/from-closure-to-creation-gareth-churcher-cornwall-music-service-trust/

No point in being nasty in reply back, so I’ll just keep sharing the idea, which seems very uncomfortable for a few obviously “associated” posters.

• 5 months later...

This is refreshing to see. Seems quite an experienced fella and a good idea. Free lessons and instruments. Bit of a no brainer if you’ve young ones looking a new hobby.....

https://www.manx.net/tv/mt-tv/watch/88719/isle-of-man-brass-academy

Well done in giving something back to the community and he’s a qualified teacher too.

• Like 1

There is an awful lot needs to be re evaluated and / or cut post Corona if our economy is to recover. I do not think for one moment the current politicos have either the cojones or the priorities to do it !

In terms of a list, education in any form should be a long way down the culling !