IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Nothing stopping them visiting. just factor in a quarantine period when they get back. How difficult is it to understand

I know of a health care worker in the forces who cannot get back home to the island to see his young family due to the quarantine. Staying isolated for 14 days is not an option as the person has to be able to be operational within 72 hours from within the UK where they are based. Not seen family since before Christmas last year. Bummer. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Apple said:

I know of a health care worker in the forces who cannot get back home to the island to see his young family due to the quarantine. Staying isolated for 14 days is not an option as the person has to be able to be operational within 72 hours from within the UK where they are based. Not seen family since before Christmas last year. Bummer. 

Surely they could go straight from isolation here back to the UK? That's allowed isn't it?

17 minutes ago, Apple said:

They have my sympathy. There are some involved in other sectors where your physical presence is required elsewhere at the drop of a hat.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Apple said:

He could fly across for the weekend, so long as he isolates. He does not have to stay 14 days. He is allowed to travel to and from the ports.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Apple said:

Health care worker and in the forces.

Well that makes this story sound entirely true. You should have chucked hard working in there somewhere as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apple said:

He can come over here and be with his family and isolate at home and fly back to the UK whenever he wants .

The only restriction he has is that he cannot go anywhere else on the island and has to be at home .

As per current travel self isolation requirements there is no ban on travelling back to the UK and beyond during the 14 day  isolation period.

Just now, NoTailT said:

Jersey is monstering this. Our incompetent lazy bastards need to grow some balls and get the economy going.

Succinctly brilliant & echoed by the more intellectual Manx Forums user.

The second wave in Jersey would be crashing in over St. Helier right about now according to some here.

Not so.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Succinctly brilliant & echoed by the more intellectual Manx Forums user.

The second wave in Jersey would be crashing in over St. Helier right about now according to some here.

Not so.

Be careful teapot & his Covid gang will be on telling you to go to Jersey then, wonder if Teapot gang are part of cabinet communications team?

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

Be careful teapot & his Covid gang will be on telling you to go to Jersey then, wonder if Teapot gang are part of cabinet communications team?

Do you want a couple of weeks work? Is that why you're so stressed? I could do with a couple of labourers for a couple of weeks if you fancy it? I'll offer you £10/hr but if over the course of it you show your worth I'll pay you £12.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Do you want a couple of weeks work? Is that why you're so stressed? I could do with a couple of labourers for a couple of weeks if you fancy it? I'll offer you £10/hr but if over the course of it you show your worth I'll pay you £12.

I doubt you have any business, typical internet troll or retired government workers 

10 minutes ago, Banker said:

I doubt you have any business, typical internet troll or retired government workers 

I don't have a proper business, you're right. I'm just a self-employed builder kind of guy who mostly subcontracts, but I've got a massive patio and wall job to do, and there is so much work about that I could do with doing it quicker so i can go do more. People keep phoning, 'come and do this man', there's a crazy amount of work about. I doubt you'd be capable tbh, even though its just moving blocks, slabs and mixes.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 2