IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

It’s not rosy anywhere! But Jersey have taken steps to boost economy & protect jobs which will save on benefits.

IOM support schemes finish this month and no steps taken to do anything similar , perhaps they are awaiting return of ztynwald in October after their 12 weeks break .

The traffic light system will determine who travels and who doesn't. So it's largely out of their hands. We'll see but at the moment they're spending an awful lot of money at both ends of the 'supply chain' (for want of better words) to achieve some kind of normality.

2 hours ago, Banker said:

a number of posters on here keep saying the economy is booming

This is something else you repeatedly write. In reality, as far as I know, people have only ever pointed out that the economy would have been very much worse if the measures you so hate had not been implemented. And the situation in general.

You have repeatedly and inaccurately conflated that with a parallel and accurate observation that financial markets have, for a variety of reasons, been booming.

Nobody has said that the local economy is booming. Only that the measures have helped prevent a worse situation.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, pongo said:

This is something else you repeatedly write. In reality, as far as I know, people have only ever pointed out that the economy would have been very much worse if the measures you so hate had not been implemented. And the situation in general.

You have repeatedly and inaccurately conflated that with a parallel and accurate observation that financial markets have, for a variety of reasons, been booming.

Nobody has said that the local economy is booming. Only that the measures have helped prevent a worse situation.

What financial markets, FTSE down 30% since start of year plus most European markets. Only US markets up because of tech boom which apparently has been driven by options buying of Soft bank.

you sound like one of those scammers saying markets are going up!!

by the way recent post by your mate cambon

Cambon replied to Filippo's topic in Local News

...Theeconomy  here is doing very well. People are spending more on Island. Businesses are doing well. New businesses are opening up. 
Edited by Banker

I agree with him. The economy here is doing well. It could be a lot worse. But that's not a description of booming.

I am sure you would agree with him @Banker. Unless you are the sort of person who deliberately talks down the economy.

He's not my "mate". Chavs have "mates".

Edited by pongo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, pongo said:

I agree with him. The economy here is doing well. It could be a lot worse. But that's not a description of booming.

I am sure you would agree with him @Banker. Unless you are the sort of person who deliberately talks down the economy.

He's not my "mate". Chavs have "mates".

What about the booming markets you described?

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

What about the booming markets you described?

Yep. Markets around the world have been booming. Google it. Not just predominantly US markets. 

There are a variety of conclusions to draw and lots of underlying contradictions. Eg insider selling and hedging against currencies. But it's an undeniable fact.

You have repeatedly said that people here have said that the local economy is booming. Not true.

5 minutes ago, pongo said:

Yep. Markets around the world have been booming. Google it. Not just predominantly US markets. 

There are a variety of conclusions to draw and lots of underlying contradictions. Eg insider selling and hedging against currencies. But it's an undeniable fact.

You have repeatedly said that people here have said that the local economy is booming. Not true.

They are not booming!! In most cases they are below end of last year and FTSE is down 30%. Only one up in NASDAQ because of tech stocks.

good job you’re not advising on investments or perhaps you are !!

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

They are not booming!! In most cases they are below end of last year and FTSE is down 30%. Only one up in NASDAQ because of tech stocks.

good job you’re not advising on investments or perhaps you are !!

Boom is a relative. Also there are lots of other markets you aren't taking into account.

Markets have been booming.

1 hour ago, Banker said:

More bollocks from someone who thinks local economy is booming!

where the hell do you get 1000 job losses from for doing 1m SD , total rubbish .

You really don't know what is going on in jersey, do you? 

I have never said the local economy is booming. However, I suggest it will be worse if we go to test on arrival, mainly because of the local spend that will go off Island.

also, in a month or twos time, it would not surprise me if Jersey went to seven days and test so they can become Covid free. It would allow them to drop social distancing and gathering limits, and get cinemas, nightclubs open, and get restaurants and pubs up to speed. It would also allow them to open air corridores to Guernsey and Iom. 

6 minutes ago, Cambon said:

You really don't know what is going on in jersey, do you? 

I have never said the local economy is booming. However, I suggest it will be worse if we go to test on arrival, mainly because of the local spend that will go off Island.

also, in a month or twos time, it would not surprise me if Jersey went to seven days and test so they can become Covid free. It would allow them to drop social distancing and gathering limits, and get cinemas, nightclubs open, and get restaurants and pubs up to speed. It would also allow them to open air corridores to Guernsey and Iom. 

Jersey will never do that, think you will find Guernsey will change their policy to allow Jersey in.

Jersey are not interested in airbridge with Isle of Man , they have links to Gatwick , Heathrow , Edinburgh, Manchester etc etc why the hell would they lose those by changing isolation to have air bridges with Isle of Man? 

absolute shit as normal 

13 minutes ago, Banker said:

Jersey will never do that, think you will find Guernsey will change their policy to allow Jersey in.

Jersey are not interested in airbridge with Isle of Man , they have links to Gatwick , Heathrow , Edinburgh, Manchester etc etc why the hell would they lose those by changing isolation to have air bridges with Isle of Man? 

absolute shit as normal 

Because, like the Isle of Man, they get bugger all tourists from October to March. It is likely the uk areas you mention will be red soon in the traffic lights system, meaning 14 days isolation anyway. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Because, like the Isle of Man, they get bugger all tourists from October to March. It is likely the uk areas you mention will be red soon in the traffic lights system, meaning 14 days isolation anyway. 

They are not going stop their residents & business travel to get air bridges with us.Guernsey politicians have already pointed out Jersey success and once infrastructure in place they will likely go to next phase as keen to allow travel to/from Jersey.

also they have no UK regions in red.

when Guernsey go to next phase IOM will be isolated on their own.

Edited by Banker