IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

I wonder if we'll see any form of immunity passporting in the future. Especially when a vaccine starts to roll out.

If you rock up with a negative PCR or two and COVID antibodies, you're free to go.

Though, they're allegedly quite short lived, and I think it'd far too easily encourage people to catch it so they can go back and forth without isolation.

3 hours ago, Gladys said:

On Newsnight last night it was said that CV deaths accounted for 1% of all deaths, are the restrictions on freedom, ability to earn, get medical treatment for other illnesses and the impact on mental health therefore justified?

1. At what % would you say the restrictions on freedom are justified? 3%? 7%? 25%?

2. And I wonder what that figure might be if there were absolutely no restrictions, whatsoever? 50% 60% 80%?

20 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I wonder if we'll see any form of immunity passporting in the future. Especially when a vaccine starts to roll out.

If you rock up with a negative PCR or two and COVID antibodies, you're free to go.

Though, they're allegedly quite short lived, and I think it'd far too easily encourage people to catch it so they can go back and forth without isolation.

The current flu vaccine isn't 100% effective yet so not sure when they think they'll actually have a reliable vaccine

42 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

This was talked about in the early days. However, it soon went quiet because nobody was certain whether antibodies actually gave you any immunity and if it did, how long for. These questions remain unanswered. 

20 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well in UK at present and contrary to the belief of some I haven’t seen masses of bodies piled up and everything is normal except for the face masks and hand washing which we all should be doing 

Everything is normal except for face masks and hand washing? They are about to start table service only in pubs and restaurants, with socially distanced tables (just like jersey). Only six people in a socially distanced group. 15 at a wedding including reception. 30 at a funeral. Again like jersey. But no, jersey doesn't have any restrictions either. 

Deluded.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Barlow said:

1. At what % would you say the restrictions on freedom are justified? 3%? 7%? 25%?

2. And I wonder what that figure might be if there were absolutely no restrictions, whatsoever? 50% 60% 80%?

When it represents a greater risk to life than  most other causes of death. 

14 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Everything is normal except for face masks and hand washing? They are about to start table service only in pubs and restaurants, with socially distanced tables (just like jersey). Only six people in a socially distanced group. 15 at a wedding including reception. 30 at a funeral. Again like jersey. But no, jersey doesn't have any restrictions either. 

Deluded.

Not as deluded as you and your economy predictions. Jersey are risk takers we are risk adverse, suppose we’ll see how it pans out in a few months and see which of the islands has the higher unemployment rate. 
dont know where you dine must be McDonald’s but I prefer table service in restaurants 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Not as deluded as you and your economy predictions. Jersey are risk takers we are risk adverse, suppose we’ll see how it pans out in a few months and see which of the islands has the higher unemployment rate. 
dont know where you dine must be McDonald’s but I prefer table service in restaurants 

So you are still not happy with the way the IOM is risk averse. Go live in Jersey then, you should be forever happy. Not a big fan of government most of the time but in this they have it right

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

So you are still not happy with the way the IOM is risk averse. Go live in Jersey then, you should be forever happy. Not a big fan of government most of the time but in this they have it right

Stop trolling you come over and go back where you came from. Because someone expresses a different opinion to you it must be wrong!

what I have said is let’s see what unemployment is like in 3 months and see who’s doing better, obviously if anyone has a load of deaths or ICU cases .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gladys said:

As I have said, there needs to be clear stats and explanation of those stats (ie is a case symptomatic and capable of infecting, what about the dry tinder skew, etc) and reasonable measures taken, bearing in mind that we will all die of something, sometimes before our time.  On Newsnight last night it was said that CV deaths accounted for 1% of all deaths, are the restrictions on freedom, ability to earn, get medical treatment for other illnesses and the impact on mental health therefore justified?

That was former Pizza Express chairman Luke Johnson, who is a big player in the UK entertainment industry, trying to put pressure on the gov. So no vested interest there then.

He also claimed that of the 3m on furlough 1m would be made redundant. Which wouldn't bother him in the slightest what with so many being on zero hours contracts....

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

The current flu vaccine isn't 100% effective yet so not sure when they think they'll actually have a reliable vaccine

No vaccine is 100% effective - that's where herd immunity actually does come in.  If 95% of people are protected, then the other 5%  will (nearly all) be protected because there's no one to pass it on to them.  But any vaccine with a reasonable efficacy will be the easiest way of reducing the spread of the virus.

That may well have to be the case with Covid-19 because it looks increasingly if reinfections are happening quite a lot and not always with the second time being milder than the first, which I hoped would be the case.  But it may be that vaccines will work slightly differently and turn out to be longer lasting.