IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

I don't accept that definition.  It's more like the person yelling it can't imagine the particular person doing the signalling caring about the particular issue they're seeming to care about.  For example, if Jeremy Clarkson suddenly started tweeting about how terrible climate change was I'd accuse him of virtue signalling.  Or if a known racist was crooning that 'black lives matter'.

Obviously context is important, but it could also be the case that those people have admitted fault and come to a new conclusion... obviously that doesn't happen on here, but I'm led to believe it has once or twice in the real world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

I would respectfully suggest that the one who is actually  worthy of pity is the poster who falls for the same bait from the same sweet shit floundering failed troll, time and time again.  

Sense of humour failure then...

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Your persistent attempts to troll really are quite feeble. There’s nothing more worthy of pity than seeing a failed troll badly floundering. 

Interesting that this bit of lighthearted humour was posted over 24 hours ago and you only start on about it now... Who's the troll now?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I do ignore but sometimes such feeble efforts should be acknowledged as they make you laugh as that’s literally how some people fill their day. 

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

Sense of humour failure then...

Rare occasion for Roxanne who is quite astute and a friend of the Bees, so can’t be that bad. :flowers:

So now reports that more people will likely die because of lockdown than will die of COVID-19. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8774141/Coronavirus-UK-Lockdown-kill-75-000-thats-OFFICIAL-projection.html

Lockdown 'may kill 75,000' - that's the OFFICIAL projection of the deadly toll of Covid restrictions including missed cancer diagnoses, cancelled operations and health impacts of a recession. The virus death toll? 42,000

Edited by thesultanofsheight

The Daily Wail...

MWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I've copied the tagline with the word in bold being the entire basis for this sensational total nonsense and sop to the stupid:

"Nearly 75,000 people could die from non-Covid causes as a result of lockdown, according to a devastating official figures buried in a 188-page document."

Hard to believe lots of idiots pay real money for this nonsense...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The Daily Wail...

I've copied the tagline with the word in bold being the entire basis for this sensational total nonsense and sop to the stupid:

"Nearly 75,000 people could die from non-Covid causes as a result of lockdown, according to a devastating official figures buried in a 188-page document."

Are you ok?

On the basis that the DM is the biggest Tory rag ever even they seem to be skeptical about the lies being told. 

6 hours ago, P.K. said:

The Daily Wail...

No doubt you didn’t read the article PK. Like everything in the Mail it’s based on reasonable source material and then spun, or over-exaggerated, or headlines are taken out of context. 

It’s based on a SAGE briefing paper. The point is that lockdown has consequences. It’s been said all along that the government has to be careful that the cure isn’t worse than the disease. 75000 dying as a consequence is fine if 500000 are saved, at least in raw numbers.  But what if those 75000 have a total of 1 million years life left between them, and the 500000 have an average life expectancy of a year? How do you decide then? And that’s not even bringing in quality of life. 

I know you think it’s easy - all lives are equal and if anyone dies from covid at all it’s Bozo’s fault - but it’s difficult. Simply dismissing stuff because it happens to be reported in the mail makes you as bad as the right whingers you routinely go on about who do the same with material in your favourite rag. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, P.K. said:

The Daily Wail...

The headlines maybe sensational like any paper but the facts are basically correct, protect the old whilst a lot of younger population die from other diseases and also made to wait for other life enhancing treatments like knee replacements, eye surgery etc.plus the millions losing jobs.

Just now, Banker said:

The headlines maybe sensational like any paper but the facts are basically correct, protect the old whilst a lot of younger population die from other diseases and also made to wait for other life enhancing treatments like knee replacements, eye surgery etc.plus the millions losing jobs.

It may be the daily so will be dismissed but I know and have also read a number of stories on other forums of people who have treatable illnesses such as cancer having treatment pushed back 6 months.  Will it be treatable then? I wouldnt be surprised if that figure isnt far off. The scottish government this week signed a contract for the purpose built louisa jordan hospital to be dismantled starting the 10th october. This was built for covid.