IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

I can't believe that you think that's true.

Some of the behaviour I have seen in the last few months has led me to question some peoples psychological well being and small mindedness without a doubt. It’s like some folk do actively enjoy going out of their way to shit-stir and create problems for other people. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

We are, thanks to good governance, doing ok which seems to be irritating to some posters who really seem to be hell bent on self destruct because no one values their opinions.     Sad really we used to have some good natured discussions now it is just insulting people and playground behaviour.

Sexist views aside Sid you're no angel. 

It's a polarising subject.  Most of the frustration is really out of a lack of any kind of plan.

Personally I would like to see a little more flexibility around immediate family being able to come here.  Along with reductions to testing at 1 week and if clear unfettered movement from there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Some of the behaviour I have seen in the last few months has led me to question some peoples psychological well being and small mindedness without a doubt. It’s like some folk do actively enjoy going out of their way to shit-stir and create problems for other people. 

So some then, not the population in general.

Edited by Andy Onchan

2 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

So some then, not the population in general.

Depends how you cut it. It’s about 95% of people on IOM Facebook seem to be rambling mental covid nuts straight out of Royston Vasey who like to stir the pot, it’s about 80% on here and about 60% on Twitter. How that translates to actual population is anyone’s guess. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

That's tremendous, keep it up :)

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

A whole household too. So there will be some proper mass panic to determine whether they’ve all been self isolating or whether some of the household have been going on as normal sharing the house (which is allowed) and are only now self isolating after it’s been found. No doubt they’ll be demanding post codes as well as trying to expose exactly which family they think it is and “out” them as unclean virus spreaders! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:

A whole household too. So there will be some proper mass panic to determine whether they’ve all been self isolating or whether some of the household have been going on as normal (which is allowed) and are only now self isolating after it’s been found. No doubt they’ll be demanding post codes as well as trying to expose exactly which family they think it is and “out” them! 

There is one additional word on the iom today report. Other members of the household are NOW also self isolating.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

There is one additional word on the iom today report. Other members of the household are NOW also self isolating.

Yes I saw that which is why I mentioned it. Just to start the panicky Facebook Karen’s off on their meltdowns I heard South of the Island. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

A whole household too. So there will be some proper mass panic to determine whether they’ve all been self isolating or whether some of the household have been going on as normal sharing the house (which is allowed) and are only now self isolating after it’s been found. No doubt they’ll be demanding post codes as well as trying to expose exactly which family they think it is and “out” them as unclean virus spreaders! 

I actually hope it gets into the community in a small and tracked way.

Wont be a popular opinion but I really don’t think they ever intended to eradicate it anyway.  A few cases might make people see sense and realise we can’t be in a bubble for ever 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, monasqueen said:

What about the documents that people have to complete and sign?

As I understand it, these give advice about rules and restrictions.

From Your Direction Notice to Self-Isolate

Para (a) Proceed directly on arrival at the Isle of Man to the “specified premises” you have declared previously on the Health Declaration form (“landing form”) as the location you will remain at for the duration of the 14 day self-isolation period (“the Direction Period”).

Para (c) Remain at the specified premises for the Direction Period unless you are required to leave for the purposes set out below wearing a suitable face covering (see the following website for more information about face coverings https://covid19.gov.im/ )  

(i) if you are advised by 111, you are permitted to leave the premises to attend the COVID-19 testing centre; or

(ii)  if you require emergency medical treatment; or 

(iii)  if you are directed by emergency services; or

(iv)  if you are permitted by an authorised person of the Cabinet Office.

(v)  if you are leaving the Island. You must travel directly from the specified premises to the Port from which you have pre-booked travel to depart from the Island and must follow all on Island travel risk mitigation conditions which include the wearing of face coverings, social distancing, travelling on island by walking or pre booked taxi.  

Para (f) You are required to ensure you have adequate support available for the delivery of food or medicines to the specified premises; as you are not permitted to leave your premises for ANY purpose other than those specified in (c) above. This prevents you from leaving your premises to collect medicines, attend work, shops, restaurants or bars for example. 

Personally I think they could have said more....

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, trmpton said:

I actually hope it gets into the community in a small and tracked way.

Wont be a popular opinion but I really don’t think they ever intended to eradicate it anyway.  A few cases might make people see sense and realise we can’t be in a bubble for ever 

I agree, this bubble is great in that we can go about life as normal and personally I much prefer it to the UK alternative, but I have noticed a downside in that it appears to magnify the fear of the virus amongst many, generally increasing anxiety in some who do not want any restrictions to return, but also there are those who are just petrified because they think we will all die if the virus again reaches our shores. A small outbreak that is quickly contained would hopefully show that we are capable of dealing effectively with the virus, and that we are not about be engulfed in a covid induced slaughter. Fear is often worse than the reality, and that fear of the virus hoards on the adjacent isle will only grow the longer we are isolated from reality.

• Like 3

It's dead easy (as it always has been). We have our rules. Anyone who doesn't like them has an alternative available to them. Instead of doing the decent thing however, they appear to whine and moan.

Ring the covid restriction help line on 661661. I'll even come and wave you off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, piebaps said:

It's dead easy (as it always has been). We have our rules. Anyone who doesn't like them has an alternative available to them. Instead of doing the decent thing however, they appear to whine and moan.

Ring the covid restriction help line on 661661. I'll even come and wave you off.

Typical don’t want any discussion if it’s different to your narrow opinions.

image.thumb.png.2aaf923202fd95d2dce4632d8378867a.png

• Like 1