IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

Has the Post Office employment T&C’s got anything to do with the IOM removing restrictions over Covid?

I wasn’t the one that who first discussed IOM post officer workers, I just merely added to it. Their contracts are relevant in the sense if a worker suspects they have COVID symptoms they will be more likely to remain at home and get tested due to being on full pay. A worker without those T&Cs in place either has a choice to get paid or not get paid so I know which ones I would trust to follow the correct procedure.

• Like 1

25 million doses before Christmas into the UK. 50 million ordered but requires 2 x jabs.

NHS priority.

Ashy on Ebay right now.

This is only the Pfizer rollout - Oxford & others about to release soon. It’s seismic news really.

Edited by Nom de plume

4 minutes ago, Max Power said:

A one in ten chance of getting it doesn't seem much different to where we are now?

Does not work like that, if everyone where to have it at 90% effectiveness the R (exponential growth rate), would go from its naturally rate of 3.2 to 0.32, i.e. virus will die out. We need more than 2/3rd population to take vaccine (i.e. get R under 1) for us all to be able to return to going on bi-weekly benders at Spoons and for virus to still die out. I am waiting to see the raw data for details, but cavalry is on the way.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

This is only the Pfizer rollout - Oxford & others about to release soon. It’s seismic news really.

Yes, it is, only thing is none 42 who because infected in Pfizer trail developed serious complications which could imply something of the people in sample set who got infected. But it definitely safe..... zero been ill from jabs, and when someone tells me I can have jab will be down doctors like a shot.

At 90% implied rate, I assume for 95% confidence intervals, which is standard hurdle, is going to imply 99% confidence interval at say 85%, 50% would be 99.999% confidence interval.. And 50% was what I was hoping for, I never imagined first vaccine would be up at 90%, I was thinking be June 2021 at least before got these sorts of numbers.

There are other vaccines which are designed to reduce symptoms after infection, and good to roll one of these into the same jab when it is available. As said the calvary is on the way! 

Edited by BenFairfax
typos

13 minutes ago, BenFairfax said:

Does not work like that, if everyone where to have it at 90% effectiveness the R (exponential growth rate), would go from its naturally rate of 3.2 to 0.32, i.e. virus will die out. We need more than 2/3rd population to take vaccine (i.e. get R under 1) for us all to be able to return to going on bi-weekly benders at Spoons and for virus to still die out. I am waiting to see the raw data for details, but cavalry is on the way.   

Yes but....

There are still questions - how long does immunity last, does the vaccine work as well in high-risk elderly people, does it stop you spreading the virus or just from developing symptoms?

17 minutes ago, BenFairfax said:

Yes, it is, only thing is none 42 who because infected in Pfizer trail developed serious complications which could imply something of the people in sample set who got infected. But it definitely safe..... zero been ill from jabs, and when someone tells me I can have jab will be down doctors like a shot.

At 90% implied rate, I assume for 95% confidence intervals, which is standard hurdle, is going to imply 99% confidence interval at say 85%, 50% would be 99.999% confidence interval.. And 50% was what I was hoping for, I never imagined first vaccine would be up at 90%, I was thinking be June 2021 at least before got these sorts of numbers.

There are other vaccines which are designed to reduce symptoms after infection, and good to roll one of these into the same jab when it is available. As said the calvary is on the way! 

Not for me thanks.

slightly surprised how many people are declaring this “safe” when I assume no one has had the vaccine more than a few weeks ago?

Vaccine testing normally takes years.

380 cases sounds about right off the top of my head.  We have had 7 or 8 in the last few weeks, plus all those in the spring

15 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

So are you saying we've had around 380 positive cases here?  Is there data available?

Have a complete dataset:

https://covid19.gov.im/media/1463/covid-test-data.csv

which shows 357 positive tests as on Friday (though they haven't updated the deaths as the announcement of that came later).

Edit: Teapot found the dashboard.

Edited by Roger Mexico

15 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Not for me thanks.

slightly surprised how many people are declaring this “safe” when I assume no one has had the vaccine more than a few weeks ago?

Vaccine testing normally takes years.

But it is likely going forward to be a requirement, if you wish to travel abroad, to have proof of vaccination.

Might all be moot if the Mink mutation from Denmark gets properly loose

1 minute ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

But it is likely going forward to be a requirement, if you wish to travel abroad, to have proof of vaccination.

Might all be moot if the Mink mutation from Denmark gets properly loose

Stuff that.

The while work has now set a nasty precedent, and the Mink mutation is a good example.  Do we react like this in response to every new strain now?

4 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Stuff that.

The while work has now set a nasty precedent, and the Mink mutation is a good example.  Do we react like this in response to every new strain now?

Hey trmpton, where are you numbers coming from to justify your claims yesterday?

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Hey trmpton, where are you numbers coming from to justify your claims yesterday?

BBC had an article this morning showing cases levelling right off in north west England, also an article in the telegraph today stating deaths have been over counted.

Need to find numbers for test/cases really and then factor in the fact that it’s November

• Like 1