IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

I imagine the common travel area rules would apply in that area but it does not need governments to require it just the travel providers.

I am curious though if the most vociferous on here for more freedom to travel are prepared to have the jab or not.

I’ve just had an English NHS letter reminding me I’m extremely clinically vulnerable, to add to the ones I got in April/May from Royal, Clatterbridge, Nobles and GP. 

Odd they spent the previous two years telling me my immune system was back to normal.

im assuming I’ll be one of the first to be offered it. And yes, I’ll have it.

5 minutes ago, Cambon said:

This, and in your previous post you were telling me we should be making plans to ease border restrictions. Which side of the discussion do you sit? 

I want borders eased. However, as things continue to worsen everywhere else, I see no mileage in planning for anything but mass vaccination asap! 

And why would mass vaccination be the answer? Bearing in mind the figures coming out from the UK Vaccine Task Force that they would only likely be 50% effective in reality, regardless of the PR the drug companies tell us. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I’ve just had an English NHS letter reminding me I’m extremely clinically vulnerable, to add to the ones I got in April/May from Royal, Clatterbridge, Nobles and GP. 

Odd they spent the previous two years telling me my immune system was back to normal.

im assuming I’ll be one of the first to be offered it. And yes, I’ll have it.

Out of curiosity John, As you are traveling  in the new year after we have left the EU so may know,  have the EU  introduced their ESTA/Visa waiver equivalent  requirement that was going to introduced sometime in 2020/21 for non EU visitors?

2 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

And why would mass vaccination be the answer? Bearing in mind the figures coming out from the UK Vaccine Task Force that they would only likely be 50% effective in reality, regardless of the PR the drug companies tell us. 

Mass vaccination of the vulnerable and Karen's will set their minds at ease. 

The vaccine should be voluntary/ optional. However, rather than any mamby pamby legislation, they should just say "If you don't want covid-19, have the vaccine. 

50%? Optimistic, I would say.

28 minutes ago, Banker said:

Nothing to worry about. These cases are all linked to the wuhan cluster.

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Out of curiosity John, As you are traveling  in the new year after we have left the EU so may know,  have the EU  introduced their ESTA/Visa waiver equivalent  requirement that was going to introduced sometime in 2020/21 for non EU visitors?

I’m travelling before Xmas, will be there, if I go, on 31/12 & 1/1. Current advice is that it’s OK as tourist from UK. But I’ve just renewed my international driving permit, got green cards, veterinary certificates and rabies antibody certificates for the dogs.

So now carrying lots of extra documents than normal to cover both late December situation and 1st January on.

My next booked trip is intended to be via Dublin Rosslare and Bilbao, in April. That may be interesting.

Just now, Cambon said:

The vaccine should be voluntary/ optional. However, rather than any mamby pamby legislation, they should just say "If you don't want covid-19, have the vaccine. 

Fair point. From a PR point of view it would give them some basis to open the borders if the vocal minority thought there was a magic bullet and quietened their hysteria so we could get on with trying to kick start a functioning economy again.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Will you and your buddy @Bankerbe taking the vaccine when offered or just expect others to have it?

I can see it being a requirement for entry into many countries for quite a few months/years rather like the current negative test regime.

If it is a legal requirement yes, if not, no.

16 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Where does you science come from? Are you an immunologist?

Just now, Banker said:

Hancock in briefing says vaccine could be licensed shortly for NHS and roll out commencing December. 
Ashie will release our plan after Xmas 😀

Think they are hoping to start vaccinating mid-Dec and run 7 days a week.

It’s not going to take long to have our at risk groups jabbed leaving the rest of us some lifestyle choices.

We still need a border testing regime & follow up testing in addition to isolation rules.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

If it is a legal requirement yes, if not, no.

Thanks for answering, I will have it when offered as I want to get back traveling and think the reward far outweighs the risk at my age. If I was under 35 I think I would think more than twice though.

13 minutes ago, Banker said:

Also free flu jabs for over 50s in uk, don’t suppose we will follow suit as it would not be a Manx solution!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55003389

So @Banker will you be taking the covid jab?

Just now, ellanvannin2010 said:

Thanks for answering, I will have it when offered as I want to get back traveling and think the reward far outweighs the risk at my age. If I was under 35 I think I would think more than twice though.

So @Banker will you be taking the covid jab?

Yes obviously but in view of age and no underlying health conditions I won’t be near top, probably have the flu jab if free like UK & CI for over 50s but not keen on paying for it !!