IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

When?

Speaking to colleagues today, they fear imminently, unless the new restrictions start to work. Looking like 2m social distancing coming back, masks are now mandatory, there'll be rules for Christmas etc. Lots of unhappy, angry people. Lots of children also missing yet more school. All down to a combination of a relaxed border situation, complacency and selfishness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

Speaking to colleagues today, they fear imminently, unless the new restrictions start to work. Looking like 2m social distancing coming back, masks are now mandatory, there'll be rules for Christmas etc. Lots of unhappy, angry people. Lots of children also missing yet more school. All down to a combination of a relaxed border situation, complacency and selfishness.

Where are you talking about?

1 minute ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

He isnt. I was referring to his last comment about Big H and the trigger point.  The trigger point is a 1 in 5000 infection rate. Or 20 in 100000.

Excuse me , but “ Big H “ is Hunter ( Paul Hunt ) not Howard Quayle. Just saying.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BenFairfax said:

Jersey today reports 42 cases, bring today to 278 active cases with 7 in hospital. As I suggested Jersey policy was heading this way and just glad our community had sense to hold the line. Which will see us having less economic damage, greater freedoms, and better health outcomes.... That's just my 2 cents, and where have all Jersey fans gone?

The worry about the Jersey figures is the jump from 2 to 7 for those in hospital in one day.  The Island Global Research report (downloads) also shows a big difference in the attitude towards their governments' approach.  Only 43% agreed in Jersey, as opposed to 80% in both Guernsey and the Isle of Man.  And this poll was taken a full month ago when there were only half a dozen cases a day in Jersey (despite all the testing) rather than the high-20s at the moment.

The current Jersey situation was fairly predictable with their border strategy and most testing happening on arrival rather than after the incubation period was mostly through (days 7+). The worry for them will come in the next 2 weeks as the effects become apparent of a community outbreak that wasn't caught in time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

He isnt. I was referring to his last comment about Big H and the trigger point.  The trigger point is a 1 in 5000 infection rate. Or 20 in 100000.

A totally unrealistic target, a bit like the promenade opening time 😂

29 minutes ago, rachomics said:

The current Jersey situation was fairly predictable with their border strategy and most testing happening on arrival rather than after the incubation period was mostly through (days 7+). The worry for them will come in the next 2 weeks as the effects become apparent of a community outbreak that wasn't caught in time. 

Like I said above, I've been speaking to a few very angry colleagues about what's happening down there at the moment. Test and trace overwhelmed at the end of last week, whole school years and their families now in isolation. And people think they had a better plan? I can tell you the feeling down there at the moment is that is very much not the case. It's messy.

53 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

When was this. You mean the 3 people that they isolated quickly. Hardly an outbreak was it. 

No.  Not talking about that at all.

Maybe a bit more research and keeping abreast of what’s going on before commenting wouldn’t be a bad idea?

Bloke needed a negative test to travel.  Felt fine and no COVID on island anyway so went for test - positive.

In the next 48 hours when track and trace kicked in over 10% of his close contacts also tested positive.  Top of my head they found about 9 more cases.  Hence the air bridge being closed just before half term.

No symptoms. No one got ill. No one died. No one knew COVID was “in the community” and since none of them had recently travelled they never found out where it came from.

Therefore it was, and still is, circulating there with no detectable issues at all.