IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

It said it is considering it.  Doesn't mean they will.

In my view countries and companies will need to think very carefully about making it mandatory to have the vaccine.

When I first went to the USA, I had to have a Smallpox vaccination (again) despite the disease having been virtually wiped out. It certainly isn't without precedent for countries to insist on people having their 'jabs' to be allowed in. 

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

When I first went to the USA, I had to have a Smallpox vaccination (again) despite the disease having been virtually wiped out. It certainly isn't without precedent for countries to insist on people having their 'jabs' to be allowed in. 

It wasn't so long ago that some countries wouldn't allow you in unless you had a negative HIV test result.

39 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Many African & S American countries require yellow fever vaccinated, Australia says if you don’t have it you will have to do 14 days quarantine instead and I expect others will adopt similar policies 

40 minutes ago, Max Power said:

A USA client tells me he is not allowed to give blood because he was a student in UK in the 1980s during BSE outbreak.

At the moment demanding a vaccination certificate is pointless because there's nothing to say that vaccination stops people passing the virus on to others.  At lost it would reassure a country that someone wouldn't become seriously ill with Covid and impact medical services, but a more reliable way to stop that is to keep them out completely.

7 minutes ago, Barlow said:

A USA client tells me he is not allowed to give blood because he was a student in UK in the 1980s during BSE outbreak.

That's not uncommon. The NHS actually has to import blood products, until 2019, anyone born after 1996 had to be treated with imported plasma. There's still a ban on using British plasma even in the UK for a lot of things.

Most other countries just ban British blood anyway.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

it would reassure a country that someone wouldn't become seriously ill with Covid and impact medical services, but a more reliable way to stop that is to keep them out completely.

I think the medical services would be highly impacted with all the people who could have picked up the virus from the supposedly immune superman.

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

At the moment demanding a vaccination certificate is pointless because there's nothing to say that vaccination stops people passing the virus on to others.  At lost it would reassure a country that someone wouldn't become seriously ill with Covid and impact medical services, but a more reliable way to stop that is to keep them out completely.

You maybe right but it won’t stop countries demanding them , same as PCR test 3 days before arrival.

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

You maybe right but it won’t stop countries demanding them , same as PCR test 3 days before arrival.

The quicker people get vaccinated the better and we get a proper proof of vaccination, those that do not want it can just get on with their lives confined to wherever in the world they currently reside. I wonder if they happily fill in the ESTA form or API data when they travel?.

I was talking to a pharmacist friend today and they thought they could do 30 people an hour as long as the admin was completed beforehand.

• Like 1