IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

57 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well we've made some poor-ish decisions (such as the hour's exercise) and decision making has been slow and inefficient[1],

The biggest hole in border policy until 2 weeks and 2 days ago was no requirement for entire household to isolate for 14 days. Because good Manx people have some sense many people decided to follow this prudent policy even without government guidelines. This certainly included all people I know who went away, major employers such as insurance companies and sports leagues such as table tennis.

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

there's mercifully been no more deaths yet

Just matter of time, before they putting Jersey residents into body bags. 

5 hours ago, madmanxpilot said:

Cruise lines are likely to insist all passengers have been vaccinated, then it doesn't matter if anyone transmits it on board. The cruise 'experience' is heavily impacted by social distancing requirements at the moment and the ships cannot operate at a capacity to make them profitable.  Same possible for long haul travel too.

At present, it looks to be that long-haul travel will be migrating towards smaller narrowbodies because the seats just aren't being filled. Look at all the 747s that have been accelerated to retirement, along with a number of relatively young A380s.

13 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

I still can’t help but feel we are five to ten cases away from developing into a Jersey.

If we don’t test we’ll never know.

Let’s hope we don’t develop multiple cases all of a sudden.

I don't think you can develop a national strategy based on a 'feeling'

11 hours ago, BenFairfax said:

The biggest hole in border policy until 2 weeks and 2 days ago was no requirement for entire household to isolate for 14 days. Because good Manx people have some sense many people decided to follow this prudent policy even without government guidelines. This certainly included all people I know who went away, major employers such as insurance companies and sports leagues such as table tennis.

Just matter of time, before they putting Jersey residents into body bags. 

People die every week in Jersey. It won't be a new phenomenon. 

The bulk of those 440 cases will be asymptomatic.   I'm not sure it's anything for them to get in a panic about.

Or for smug people here to gloat about.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2020 at 2:03 PM, Banker said:

Many African & S American countries require yellow fever vaccinated, Australia says if you don’t have it you will have to do 14 days quarantine instead and I expect others will adopt similar policies 

That is a bit different though, isn't it. They don't want you to get the disease. I don't get this obsession with some sort of proof, certificate, whatever. You get vaccinated to protect yourself. Your call. 

Look at it slightly differently, there are many strains of flu that are far more deadly than Covid 19. The eldrely and vulnerable are vaccinated against them life goes on as normal. There is ne need to vaccinate the young and healthy. 

Nine months ago, we did not know anything about this virus. Everything has changed on that front. We now know it really is not that serious. However, now that governments world wide have, basically, our submission, they will not let it go easily. 

With the vaccine, this is simply another bad cold. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Interesting, compared to what exactly?

Other diseases that we are vaccinated against. Polio, rubella, etc. 

Nine months ago, the fear was that it would sweep the world and kill hundreds of millions. It just has not happened. We know the demographic it kills. Protect them. 

• Like 4