IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Didn't watch the briefing cos I've got better things to be doing, did I miss anything hugely exciting? Or just the same shit defensiveness from our leaders and crap questions from our press corp?

The Guernsey one was more interesting. They had the vaccine delivered yesterday. Howie doesn’t know when we’ll get ours. 

5 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

The Guernsey one was more interesting. They had the vaccine delivered yesterday. Howie doesn’t know when we’ll get ours. 

Yes they’re starting next week plus Jersey also got theirs earlier this week, Howie seemed to be saying we’re not starting unless they guarantee us the second jab consignment but others are just getting on with it.

https://guernseypress.com/news/2020/12/11/vaccinations-to-start-next-week/

14 minutes ago, Banker said:

Yes they’re starting next week plus Jersey also got theirs earlier this week, Howie seemed to be saying we’re not starting unless they guarantee us the second jab consignment but others are just getting on with it.

https://guernseypress.com/news/2020/12/11/vaccinations-to-start-next-week/

Howies approach seems the more reasonable. Half a job done is no job done at all.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Escape Artist said:

As a further disappointments to the Stalinist minions on this forum, Ashford confirms that there will be no immunity passport or travel conditional on vaccine status in this isle. Even Ashford has a basic-level understanding of some of the issues. Here is the link:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/advocate-raises-concerns-over-covid-immunity-passports

In the meantime, in the US an FDA advisory board called Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee has recommend the approval of Pfizer’s Covid vaccine for emergency use; vote which went through with 17 in favour, 4 against and 1 abstention. The FDA is not bound to follow such advice, but usually it does. I mention this to point out that consensus on this particular vaccine is not unanimous among government scientists.

54419562_Advocateraisesconcernsovercovidimmunitypassports.thumb.png.01fedc012734678c79d32f0e2b4bfbea.png

Ashford understands nothing. He's just repeating what he's read from his masters in London.

UK "R" rate is now stated as having risen from 0.8 to 1.0, which would appear to be concurrent with the lifting of the more stringent lockdown conditions. With lots of Xmas social mixing about to take place too. How many times is this now? As soon as they take the pressure off, the virus reasserts itself. Wales is now another prime example, two weeks on.

Pubs, bars and restaurants are now going to be allowed to reopen in Scotland and N. Ireland. On recent past, that's just inviting another lockdown in short order, surely?

The only answer to this is surely the vaccination, everything else appears to be short term success with rapid reversion when restrictions are lifted.

2 hours ago, Escape Artist said:

As a further disappointments to the Stalinist minions on this forum, Ashford confirms that there will be no immunity passport or travel conditional on vaccine status in this isle. Even Ashford has a basic-level understanding of some of the issues.

Well you anointed me as Josef himself yesterday, and I've never said it was  a good idea - quite the opposite.  The enthusiasts for such a Get Out of Jail Free Card tend to be the ones who think they should be allowed to go anywhere and do anything and we should never have any restrictions anyway. 

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

Can be either, and meddlesome, as well

"Who will rid me?" ejaculated the good and wise King Howard I .

"I shall, my liege. I shall strike out this carbuncle, forever and her contraptions and soothful knowledge." riposted the good and loyal Sir David of Ashford, "for we have had an unwelcome sufficiency of her wild imaginings, witchery, treachery and twittery utterances."

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

"Who will rid me?" ejaculated the good and wise King Howard I .

"I shall, my liege. I shall strike out this carbuncle, forever and her contraptions and soothful knowledge." riposted the good and loyal Sir David of Ashford, "for we have had an unwelcome sufficiency of her wild imaginings, witchery, treachery and twittery utterances."

More likely to be the discomfited  DHSC management hierarchy than Al Lewis lookalike CDM and Bar.

• Haha 2

So did I hear correctly? 14 day isolation means 99% chance of not passing the bug on. 10 days isolation means 98% chance of not passing the bug on? 

.....and we therefore stay at 14 days ! Really ??

Are we not going to lower the drawbridge until the UK has vaccinated everyone then? Gonna be a long 2021 too by the looks.