IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

32 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

It's not stealing if she puts up photos on a publically accessed social media platform though is it? Plus, she's showing cleavage....big fucken deal and she's probably a right munter when you strip away the make-up, not that she's owt to look at with make-up on...and lastly, she's probably got the IQ of an earthworm..so all in all, fuck all.

Okay, so, other than poor taste in men, how are you basing this intellect guess? It sounds like you're really quite upset about something. She might not be a supermodel, but she's hardly a 'munter' as you put it.

She owns the rights to the photos still, check the T&Cs if you fancy, but all the modern personal data laws make it really hard to get away with 'oh yeah this becomes ours when you upload it to your page'.

• Like 1

My theory, FWIW, is that he persuaded a Whithorn fishing vessel to load the jetski on board and then lower it into the water at some point half way across, board it & then make his way to Ramsey, if indeed that was his intended port of arrival, which I don't think it was.

I've travelled from Douglas to Whitehaven in a diesel powered ex 23ft Navy clinker built lifeboat. From Douglas we headed up to Maughold Head and then took a bearing just south of Bahama Bank onto Whitehaven. It was the middle of summer, sea was slight and the tide and swell running over Bahama Bank is deceptively strong, you need some power to keep on course. It can pull and push you off course each time water runs over the top of it. The same north of the Bank.

As JW points out the current and tide further north are very strong and you'd need a fair amount of power to stay on course. And, you need to keep an eye out for ferries plying their route. 

Frankly I think if he tried to do it again he might not be so lucky.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, our fellow Crown Dependency of Jersey is in a right state. Really feel for them. 

🦠 Wednesday’s Covid-19 stats for Jersey:

100 new cases in the past day
881 active cases right now
32 in hospital (+2)
44 in care homes (+10) 
4,914 now isolating
30 recovered in the past day

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, yootalkin2me said:

It's not stealing if she puts up photos on a publically accessed social media platform though is it? Plus, she's showing cleavage....big fucken deal and she's probably a right munter when you strip away the make-up, not that she's owt to look at with make-up on...and lastly, she's probably got the IQ of an earthworm..so all in all, fuck all.

She turned you down then ??

• Haha 5

The border restrictions are starting to hit teaching now and concerns it will be the same at Easter, how long before other public sector workers demand same extra time off?

Up to 30 of the island’s secondary school teachers look set to be starting off the new year working from home. 

Figures released in Tynwald by Education Minister Dr Al, shows that Ballakermeen High School expects a maximum of 10 teachers to be working from home. He was asked how many teachers will be isolating in the first week of term. At St Ninian’s, Dr Al expects this to be nine at the most while Ramsey Grammar will have six, QE II three and Castle Rushen two. The only primary school expecting a teacher to be working from home is Onchan, with one. There are 828 teachers in the island’s schools.

4 hours ago, yootalkin2me said:

No she won't, read the small print from tbe social media platforms, as soon as you post any and all photos tbey become the sole (not shared even) property of the social medoa platform owners.

Nope. You retain ownership of photos. You grant Facebook, or whoever, the right to use them, but you retain ownership.

The Daily Mail are notorious for stealing things from social media and claiming- wrongly- that making a photo public gives them the right to use it.