IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Manx gas will be rubbing their hands...though not necessarily with hand gel.

So will the MUA....all those cookers and kettles going all day...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Banker said:

I think there’s a few who will be celebrating at lockdown so they can say look we were right etc etc

Same people who are presently clearing the shelves at Tesco etc  

I have absolutely no desire for my fear to be proved right and I would certainly never say ‘I told you so’. You did however Mr Banker insult my concerns/fears several times when the truth is nobody actually knew who was right or who was wrong, it was always going to be 50:50.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kipper99 said:

She would have to learn how to negotiate and play her cards and behave commercially. I don’t think she has a clue.

She has a successful company, which possibly indicates that she has, actually, got a clue...

I start to wonder if she is on the autism spectrum. Obsession and impaired social skills.

Who cares if she is/has? She may, at times, come across as a bit self-regarding but because of her professionalism and application, and obvious concern for us all I'm comfortable with over-looking any of that...

She needs to shut up publicly...

Now that's not what we want. I think we benefit from her critical judgment, she is, after all, an educated person and familiar with the science, her assessment of this ongoing situation and projections are an absolute necessity. Maybe if she'd been listened to earlier the situation we now find ourselves in could have been minimised. 

• Like 12

Oh and the sheep at Tesco clearing the shelves are exactly the type of idiots who help spread the virus, they have good intentions of protecting themselves but there is absolutely zero logic to getting a months supply of food and a years supply of bog roll when you’ll be stood in longer queues, touching keypads/trolleys/interacting with staff that have dealt with a higher than average footfall.

I gather that the delay to vaccination of the vulnerable and elderly was due to the Capacity issues not being resolved yet.

The solution proposed seems to be that people will be vaccinated in their best interest if they can not give their knowledgable consent, although relatives may be approached. Put simply, they are going to vaccinate vulnerable people whether they can agree or not. 

The other issue to be tackled suggested is exactly how much the GPs are going to be allowed to claim  to "administer" the vaccine.

Remember -we are all in this together. 😁

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

Having a company on island who can, I imagine, examine the genomics of these new cases and identify if they came from the original strain, a genetic variant or one that may have possibly emerged from the recent vaccination campaign would be absolute dynamite in addressing this emerging situation.

The fact said person and company are on island but in exile is an embarrassment to our government and one would hope common sense would now prevail.  

Exactly. Think of the advertising this could bring to the Biomed sector that Skelly is so keen to remind us of that would cost millions!

They really are arseholes of the highest order.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

Exactly. Think of the advertising this could bring to the Biomed sector that Skelly is so keen to remind us of that would cost millions!

They really are arseholes of the highest order.

With several of them supposedly not standing in the next election, they clearly don't have much motive to care. Next person's problem to deal with...

• Thanks 1