IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Cambon said:

Just seen DOI out filling in pot holes. So some non-essential work is being done. 

Do as I say, not as I do! Methinks. 

That must be a Manx miracle you have witnessed, not many see the shy pot hole fillers out in daylight, they usually are unseen and you do not know they have been and done the repairs, yes very rare sight indeed, perhaps you live in Mr Bakers constituency.

1 minute ago, Beelzebub3 said:

That must be a Manx miracle you have witnessed, not many see the shy pot hole fillers out in daylight, they usually are unseen and you do not know they have been and done the repairs, yes very rare sight indeed, perhaps you live in Mr Bakers constituency.

I see them regularly You must be just living in an area where nobody reports potholes...............or you're just having a pop for shits and giggles.

3 minutes ago, piebaps said:

I see them regularly You must be just living in an area where nobody reports potholes...............or you're just having a pop for shits and giggles.

You clearly do not live in Peel yessir! potholes everywhere. Unless you work for the DOI? then  you will see them regularly.

Rant incoming.

While I am stuck at home unable to earn a living so we can all "do our bit" and "protect the vulnerable" why is all the non business traffic in the roads the old duffers we are all making sacrifices to protect while they swan about on their pensions going for days out as normal.

Just had two old couples drive past in the same car, then walk back up the road in a group.

5 minutes ago, piebaps said:

I see them regularly You must be just living in an area where nobody reports potholes

Well of course you see them regularly.  If the repairs only last a couple of weeks, you'll see them every fortnight.  You just happen to live near one of the designated potholes that gets the attention.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Everyone knew they weren't prepared to do enough testing at the most high risk time of the year, and behold, cases got through. Blame it all on the new strain and punish the Great Manx Public for their (gov) own mistakes and then hail themselves as saviours when this lockdown 'works' for taking strong early action.

My contempt is boiling over.

Totally agree, a lot of guys I know spent a lot of money over the Xmas break and were expecting to earn plenty with overtime in January. They & many others cannot understand how construction work particularly outside cannot continue with social distance.

They are going y to be skint at end of this unnecessary lockdown & well pissed off

Just been to Shoprite in the Jewel of the North and didn't see one person not wearing a mask or face covering of some sort, distancing being maintained too, very encouraging.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Rant incoming.

While I am stuck at home unable to earn a living so we can all "do our bit" and "protect the vulnerable" why is all the non business traffic in the roads the old duffers we are all making sacrifices to protect while they swan about on their pensions going for days out as normal.

Just had two old couples drive past in the same car, then walk back up the road in a group.

Same around here plus a few of our teacher friends off for cycle ride on full pay, they were in yesterday so maybe it's alternate days instead of nothing like last time!

Alf is on with Howie  at 4pm so hopefully some journalists will ask why the small MERA etc when civil servants & Tynwald get full whack.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, horatiotheturd said:

Lots of construction etc have been closed since 18th December with no money coming in, and are now told they have to pay their staff for January (with no money coning in) then claim back £200 a week - hahahahaha what planet do these civil servants live on.  Lots are still in debt from last lockdown.

One barber has gone rogue and posted an up yours to the government and told people to contact him as he is still working

One of the depressing things about the self-awarded omniscience of the Manx Civil Service is that they never learn from past mistakes.  Because they never make mistakes.  So we had this during the previous lockdown when it was clear that jobbing builders working on their own in empty properties would be perfectly safe - similarly outside lone workers such as gardeners and window cleaners.  But somehow busy building sites were magically safer and got priority to restart.

I suspect the truth is that Dandara can't get much done at the moment (because of the UK lockdown, and maybe Brexit, hitting supply chains) so they're happy to to be paid by the government for doing nothing when they wouldn't be doing much anyway.  So they can't be bothered to think about construction.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Rant incoming.

Bless them. They usually go to Tesco's on SAturday mornings - even though they could go anytime.

The phrase I have heard is...oh no....here come Dick and Liddie!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

But somehow busy building sites were magically safer and got priority to restart.

Like I said before, they have a strong lobby in those Corridors of Power. 

ETA: Give it until end of next week and there'll be shouting again, same as last time.

Edited by Andy Onchan

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

Wonder when the article was written? clearly states it was before the new positive cases/lockdown, such a shame they didn’t take charge a few weeks earlier and avoid this lock down.

Have another one.

Stay home we are told, so that means lots of people who if allowed to use common sense could be earning, aren't earning.

So if we are all staying home unless essential travel, who the hell if buying take away lunches (that you order in person, and queue for with other people) from the cafe at South Barrule?

Hardly feeding the locals up there are they?

If everyone does their bit people don't have an issue.

When people are forced to completely stop their income, given no support, and then watch Betty and Doris drive unnecessarily to South Barrule to interact with other people and order a burger and coffee, people are going to get wound up.

Edited by horatiotheturd
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Rant incoming.

Kill the elderly. Bastards.