IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

39 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

If they were proper essential workers it would not be so bad.

I cant say this is 100% correct, not my usual source but I was told yesterday there are a bunch of Lithuanian/ Romanian groundworkers on the island  that have come over for the prom job. Groundworkers, How the Fu*k is that essential? Other than essential to save DOI face?

According to iomtoday (10/01) the Promenade works have now been put on hold (again).

With such a small number of people to vaccinate relative to other jurisdictions there is no reason not to take our time and do this properly, to assess each individual and make sure they don't have any contraindications which could prove fatal if not done correctly. 

We have already seen anaphylaxis in a number of recipients around the world so making sure everyone doesn't have any pre-existing conditions is just good medical practice. No need to aim to 'jab four people a minute' like that idiot Hancock came out with yesterday. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

With such a small number of people to vaccinate relative to other jurisdictions there is no reason not to take our time and do this properly, to assess each individual and make sure they don't have any contraindications which could prove fatal if not done correctly. 

We have already seen anaphylaxis in a number of recipients around the world so making sure everyone doesn't have any pre-existing conditions is just good medical practice. No need to aim to 'jab four people a minute' like that idiot Hancock came out with yesterday. 

I literally couldn't disagree more.

Just get it done, get back to as near as normal as soon as we can and start the economy and give people their lives back.

Given our situation it should be easier here than pretty much anywhere else in the world.

Every vaccine that arrives on island should be administered within 36 hours.

No excuse not to.

• Like 6

Just now, horatiotheturd said:

I literally couldn't disagree more.

Just get it done, get back to as near as normal as soon as we can and start the economy and give people their lives back.

Given our situation it should be easier here than pretty much anywhere else in the world.

Every vaccine that arrives on island should be administered within 36 hours.

No excuse not to.

It's brand new medical intervention. It doesn't come with years/decades of experience that other vaccines come with. Every person that receives it is still effectively taking part in a live trial. 

I have no issues in people receiving it, but we are small and nimble enough to do things properly using trained medical personnel in a suitable setting, not have people lining up in a car park drive through like across. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

I'm not sure of the population but I read Israel are on course to have their whole country vaccinated by march. The prime minister is taking charge of it and people answer directly to him. Very impressive 

These table show that Israel is miles ahead in the race to vaccinate their population of c 9 million.

Yes, their PM (Benjamin Netanyahu) took charge and apparently negotiated personally with Pfizer's CEO, to get plentiful supplies.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

For context, we've done around 1.2%, which looks OK, until you consider that we've been getting a steady supply for almost a month!

There's an election in Israel, in March, which clearly focused political minds. If only there was an election here, fairly soon! ;-)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

I know, so where are they staying? They were on site the first few days with masks

Probably along with all the other East Europeans who reside along and behind Douglas Prom...? 😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

I know, so where are they staying? They were on site the first few days with masks

More importantly who are paying this crowd if they are not working? Are he DOI covering the costs of off island contractors? I asked this question last March and am stilli waiting for an answer

• Like 3