IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Banker said:

I wasn’t aware it was carried by such a majority, this should be a question at briefing ie why did you vote against additional testing and do you feel personally responsible for this failure & ignoring Tynwald 

No reasonable journalist will have the balls to ask that very legitimate question, only Paul Moulton, maybe.

29 minutes ago, Cambon said:

They kind of do have random testing though, as anyone admitted to hospital for any reason is tested. That is how the lad from St Mary's School was picked up. 

It's not really random though because people who need treatment in hospital are not a representative section of the population.  Pre-existing conditions or preparation make them more likely to be shielding for instance (so less likely to catch something)and they're probably older.  I think it's only  30-40 people a day as well, so we'll have to hope that getting a positive is an unlikely occurrence rather than representative.

12 minutes ago, Hmmmm said:

Nice and concise with good information.  Too much for our lot me thinks.  I trust we will get some form of press release later this evening to give some detail on the three new cases.  After all there is a rather large Govt press group these days.  I also can't see any reason why someone else could not front up the press conferences, to give us a break from Howard the Great.  Perhaps someone who can read fluently from the script.

And someone who can say "Statistics" without loosing their false teeth

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Chris C said:

So are the three new today from community transmission or what? Why do they insist on quoting a load of meaningless statistics when all anybody want to know is how many cases since yesterday and the context of these cases?

They're all from community transmission, the number positive from arrivals remains at 9 and the new cases matches the increase in the overall total so there aren't any 'recoveries'.

Yes it would be nice if you didn't need to keep a spreadsheet to find this out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Late Nov some UK tradies wearing masks came in to Victoria Grill in Douglas to pick up a takeaway order whilst I was sat having lunch with a few other people. It's a debacle, the whole thing.

Perhaps they were wearing masks only to mask the smell of the chicken

Why didn't you report them at the time

13 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Actually in November (Wed 18th).  Which of course makes it worse.

The vote also carried 20-11 in Tynwald as CoMin only had the support of Callister, Perkins and Greenhill in LegCo.  So they were actually ignoring the will of Tynwald as well.

Ha! And little Polly Perkins... who would've guessed?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

They're all from community transmission, the number positive from arrivals remains at 9 and the new cases matches the increase in the overall total so there aren't any 'recoveries'.

Yes it would be nice if you didn't need to keep a spreadsheet to find this out.

Nice one, and yes why don't they just say it

It was only to be expected that we would get a surge in cases within the period of 14 days of people returning and of those mingling with prior returnees. We can now just hope that the lockdown manages to clean the island up  by the end of the month. It should do if people do as they are asked. Those infected should have been through the system, unless they are serious cases?