IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, Uhtred said:

Agreed. When there is expressly differing levels of border control, 5A and 5B, which have separate degrees of control, simply to say ‘Borders are now at level 5’ is piss-poor comms. However, right from the outset back in March I’ve bored this forum to death with my comments and illustrations of piss-poor government comms, so I’ll STFU now and have another cup of tea.

I take mine white, no sugar, if you’re offering. I’m shielding now until 28/1. There’s a delivery box outside the front door. Ring bell and run.

1 minute ago, horatiotheturd said:

Seen it all now, and they wonder why people who can't earn are annoyed.

Stay at home - unless, erm, you don't feel like it, or want a hot chocolate

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/beach-buddies-offers-free-litterpickers-for-lockdown-tidying/

Tell you what. Get a bag and set of litter grabs and go for an hours litter picking exercise on your nearest beach.

You may not enjoy it, but you’ll deliver two good things.

1. Environmental improvement.

2. you’ll give the rest of us a break from your whingeing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/beach-buddies-offers-free-litterpickers-for-lockdown-tidying/

Meanwhile the 9000 public sector are picking up full salaries with others getting max £280pw

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Seems a good use of time if you ask me, it’s not an event, they’re just encouraging people to pick up a bit of litter whilst out on their daily exercise. Use of a litter pick also means no direct handling of waste so I can’t really see a negative?

• Like 5

11 hours ago, quilp said:

Indeed Gladys, you see that a lot also. People messing with, putting in their pocket, if it was contaminated the virus is then all over their hands. When I get home it's mask off, the paper one goes in the bin, the N95 is good for half a dozen hot washes with detergent before it falls apart then it's unwrap another one. Just as important as washing ones hands is also washing ones face. How this advice isn't generally touted is beyond me, it stands to reason as far as I'm concerned. In the beginning I drove Mrs Q mad with my "pernickety-ness" as she called it but now she gets the point. 

Yep, someone needs to give a demonstration and explanation about wearing masks at one of the briefings.

Now that would be a world leader. Everyone seems to be shit scared of nailing their colours to the mast re mask wearing. Just sitting on the fucking fence wishy washy wimpering when an opinion is asked. Niot just our lot, but everywhere it seems.

20 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Tell you what. Get a bag and set of litter grabs and go for an hours litter picking exercise on your nearest beach.

You may not enjoy it, but you’ll deliver two good things.

1. Environmental improvement.

2. you’ll give the rest of us a break from your whingeing.

Wow.

OK then.

Firstly, I am not entirely convinced by the environmental improvement offered by my a bloke driving his 4wd truck to my house to deliver a Chinese plastic litter grabber that I then burn petrol in my car to drive to another beach to pick up some crisp packets.

Second. Sorry if my "whinging" offends you.  While you posted that I was on the phone to JSA being told I am not entitled to any help at all and have also been on to the Manx solidarity fund this morning.

Maybe put yourself in the shoes of people who are told they can't earn (and might have had all sorts of personal issues you know nothing about) who are doing everything they can to stop this thing spreading and then have to read about people being encouraged to traipse all over the island to pick up litter.

I am out.  What an awful post from a "moderator"  I would like to think most would agree.

Tosser

Edited by horatiotheturd
  • Like 4
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Lxxx said:

I don't think even they would be as stupid as to go down the Comis route again. Would they?

Like New Zealand and some other places? Quarantine/isolation facility on arrival.

I reckon it has to happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, horatiotheturd said:

Firstly, I am not entirely convinced by the environmental improvement offered by my a bloke driving his 4wd truck to my house to deliver a Chinese plastic litter grabber that I then burn petrol in my car to drive to another beach to pick up some crisp packets.

Firstly, my nearest beach is a ten minute walk away, I generally find it’s mostly the dog walkers who pick up most of the plastic/rubbish on the beaches and people who will be driving their dogs to the beach/other suitable litter picking locations will be burning fuel regardless. Secondly we are being actively encouraged to do daily exercise and If we combine that with litter picking it seems even more worthwhile.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1