IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

sadly, it obvious:

- journo questions are being wasted

- testing regime wont change no matter what

- dr glover will be continue to be ignored

- they only want to talk about the vaccine

we are going to end up like the uk. the lockdown needs to be a success because government policy isnt going to change. they cant admit they are wrong. governmnet are relying on the vaccine as a result of their failure

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, snowman said:

sadly, it obvious:

we are going to end up like the uk. the lockdown needs to be a success because government policy isnt going to change. they cant admit they are wrong. governmnet are relying on the vaccine as a result of their failure

Which begs the question what if the vaccine isn't the silver bullet they are hoping it will be?

1 minute ago, Lxxx said:

Which begs the question what if the vaccine isn't the silver bullet they are hoping it will be?

Herd Immunity.

And stand down and pension collection at the next election.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jaymann said:

I cannot contain my frustration at how incredibly poor the questions by the media are.

Do we have no real pressing journalists? Do they not listen to the briefing to avoid wasting questions?

There is real tough scrutiny needed of this pair. Rest of the Keys aren't pushing them it seems, nor are the journalists.

The Keys/Tynpotwald are useless and are hardly going to hold HRH The Chief Ministers and David Ashford feet to the fire. The calibre of MHK at present is Rob Callister, Dafnee, Hooperman and Jason Monkhouse in terms of asking questions. Asking the right questions are another matter. Some won’t want to ask questions or rock the boat, they may lose what privileges they have.

• Like 1

Talking of money, no mention of updates by Alf on what else he has planned, if anything.

£280.00 for the building trade will not last long before there are riots. There was much more available last time including payment holidays on CCs and mortgages. Nothing now as far as I can see, shocking.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, snowman said:

sadly, it obvious:

Questions pre ordained ? Some form of collusion? No, can't see that. Not like it's Tynwald.😄

Just now, Boris Johnson said:

Talking of money, no mention of updates by Alf on what else he has planned, if anything.

£280.00 for the building trade will not last long before there are riots. There was much more available last time including payment holidays on CCs and mortgages. Nothing now as far as I can see, shocking.

carrot and stick

be good and lockdown ends sooner

be bad and the money will dry up even more

3 minutes ago, 2112 said:

The Keys/Tynpotwald are useless and are hardly going to hold HRH The Chief Ministers and David Ashford feet to the fire. The calibre of MHK at present is Rob Callister, Dafnee, Hooperman and Jason Monkhouse in terms of asking questions. Asking the right questions are another matter. Some won’t want to ask questions or rock the boat, they may lose what privileges they have.

Only seems to be Shimmins, Thomas & edge asking any pertinent questions 

1 minute ago, snowman said:

carrot and stick

be good and lockdown ends sooner

be bad and the money will dry up even more

Typical civil servant response I’m getting full pay and you plebs will get what I say and if you don’t cooperate you’ll get nothing 

7 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

There's an annual PS wage bill of in excess of £400M pa to sustain through this crisis. Do we think there's any money left for anybody else?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Some self-employed like me entitled to nothing, depending on sector. My savings were wiped out last lockdown I'm a couple of months away from defaulting on my mortgage. 2020 tough, 2021 could be the straw breaker. I assume there's lots of folk in the same position and so far my mental health is holding up. Lots won't be.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

8 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

My savings were wiped out last lockdown I'm a couple of months away from defaulting on my mortgage.

This is unacceptable in this day and age. The government must step in to help people in similar circumstances.

Taxes for those working have to rise and be ring fenced.

Edited by Apple