IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

30 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Basically they were/are out of their depth if they expected that. False results could happen for a number of reasons. It's well known that some people can have a negative response but still pass the virus on.

Additionally, all the COVID vaccine manufacturers are shielded from liability. Why would it be any different for a testing lab?

These people are absolutely crackers.  

The middle road, surely, would be to limit the liability to, say, the fee paid.  That way Govt tick their box, ie. TG are held to account if they screw up, but the extent of the liability is handleable and probably would be acceptable to insurers.  But that is only musing on the outside.

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Unbelievably open in the info given, for a population less than half of ours. 

You do wonder why these kind of statistics are not readily available?

I don't suppose it's in keeping with the narrative of fear that must be peddled within the mainstream media these days.

They are almost desperate for it to kick off at Biden's inauguration tomorrow.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Newbie said:

That is good to see but sadly for them they also have 4 times the death rate we have, so I guess we must be doing something right

I'm not disputing that, just comparing it to the approach here.  The other difference in Gib is they probably have a very porous border with Spain. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The middle road, surely, would be to limit the liability to, say, the fee paid.  That way Govt tick their box, ie. TG are held to account if they screw up, but the extent of the liability is handleable and probably would be acceptable to insurers.  But that is only musing on the outside.

That would be the sensible thing to do but then IOMG doesn't do sensible stuff. Instead they write off the last 10 years of developing a sector of our economy at the stroke of a pen or the click of a mouse.

Edited by Andy Onchan

2 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

I think that is the first time I've ever seen any official statistics showing a distinction between death from covid or death with covid. 

Death within 28 days of a positive Covid test you mean (not necessarily of Covid)?

Edited by Nom de plume