IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, NoTail said:

A worry about our long term plan to open the borders.  Using very rough figures assume a population of 90,000 and rought 1/3 over 60, 1/3 20-59 and 1/3 under 20.

If we assume  10% of over 60s refuse vaccination (nutters) and same for the middle group then at end 9f May there would be 36,000 over 50s exposed to infection in the population 3,000 over 60. There are only 20 odd beds in Nobles to cope, so we would rapidly get overwhelmed.  By end September when the whole population has been eligible for vaccination there would still be around 9,000 who refused.  

We need a good plan to beef up the hospital or we will never open the borders based on current thinking. 

You are kind of assuming everyone would need treatment and we already know that is nothing like the reality

10 minutes ago, Banker said:

That’s so they can announce the easing of restrictions as hinted providing no new community cases 

have they actually admitted to 'community' cases in the recent outbreak? It seems 'Cluster' is our word of choice but i could add that to another 4 letter word to be a more accurate term for some aspects of our Covid response.

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, The Chief said:

have they actually admitted to 'community' cases in the recent outbreak? It seems 'Cluster' is our word of choice but i could add that to another 4 letter word to be a more accurate term for some aspects of our Covid response.

Didn't you know they're interchangeable to suit the narrative?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

It's possible but do you think its realistic that 10% will refuse. I believe it's less than 1% refusing in the UK at the moment.

Maybe good old manx stubbornness might push that number up but cant see 10%. Most people are keen to get it.

40% vaccine refusal in France I saw somewhere. 

4 minutes ago, Augustus said:

The clowns are winning.

I have heard of quite a few elderly who are saying that if they could (they cant) they would let their younger family members have their dose as they have already lived a long life which they don't particularly enjoy anymore and would rather see their own kids get normality back.

There were two phoned in to a moaninline i heard last week, my own Mum, and several others I know of

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

It could be used. It cant 'prove' a link as the same strain could come by different routes. However it would be a forensic tool that could help to trace infection routes.

It can prove a link, as Dr Glover explains here and on her blog, there are about 30,000 unique bits of data associated with the genomics.

This isn't looking at the strain, as she explained it, strain is akin to a city. The rest of the data is akin to a house number and post code.

1 minute ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

It can prove a link, as Dr Glover explains here and on her blog, there are about 30,000 unique bits of data associated with the genomics.

This isn't looking at the strain, as she explained it, strain is akin to a city. The rest of the data is akin to a house number and post code.

I don't get that. Maybe I didn't explain what I meant properly.

If they got it from the same source by two separate routes the genomics would be identical. Surely the genomics isn't that clever:lol: