IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

This is very true. It's not in the virus's interest to kills its host. Sadly it happens. Virus have evolved to deal with host antibodies by moving on, so there existence relies on them reproducing rapidly but then jumping to a new host before they are killed off.

sounds like a few women fit that description too.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

This is very true. It's not in the virus's interest to kills its host. Sadly it happens. Virus have evolved to deal with host antibodies by moving on, so there existence relies on them reproducing rapidly but then jumping to a new host before they are killed off.

One of the big issues, that worked well for Ebola is that you can catch it readily from a dead body. In the areas it was rife, the tradition is to prepare bodies for funerals by washing them as a family, passing it on to them. So, to some degree, the mortality wasn't as limiting for it.

17 minutes ago, Error code EX1032 said:

Hi all,

please forgive me for posting this on here as its the only thread I can read or post on (I hope!).

Since approx last friday whenever I try to lurk here I land on this -

https://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/3-local-news/

which displays this -

Manx Forums - A Discussion Board & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Existing user? Sign In  
Sign In

Remember me Not recommended on shared computers
Sign In
Forgot your password?

Browse
Forums
Calendar
Blogs
Guidelines
Staff
Online Users
Leaderboard
More
Activity
All Activity
Search
More
Store
Store
Subscriptions
More
Support
More
More
More

Search In
 Everywhere
More options...
Find results that contain...
 Any of my search term words
 All of my search term words
Find results in...
 Content titles and body
 Content titles only
All Activity
Home
Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.
Error code: EX1032

The browser tab title read - A configuration or server error has occurred -

This is happening across firefox and chromium based browsers whether I'm using a VPN or not. This also happens on android with or without a VPN

Both of these are via the Bluewave network.

To get to here I had to google a page and jump in from there. I'm unable to get any forum index's and can only get to this page -

https://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/6-general-chat/&sortby=title&sortdirection=asc

I get that on every device apart from one phone at the minute.  Haven't figured it out yet.  Sorry, that's no help at all is it 

7 minutes ago, Error code EX1032 said:

Thank you, but I've been unable to read anything but this thread since backtracking to here via google searches and then it's a hit or miss if the page opens.

Please remove this post.

edit: thread to post.

If it helps, it's fine on all my devices. Android phone and tablet. PC and iPad. That means it's nothing to do with the forum or android/windows/ios

I suggest it's maybe your router settings that it doesnt like

4 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

I get that on every device apart from one phone at the minute.  Haven't figured it out yet.  Sorry, that's no help at all is it 

Yup, it's only because I was googling for an old thread, hoping to get its cache that I was able to get to any content.

And, well, here I am. :)

May god help us all.

I'll go back and remove my post, just getting used to this new BB layout at the mo.

12 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

If it helps, it's fine on all my devices. Android phone and tablet. PC and iPad. That means it's nothing to do with the forum or android/windows/ios

I suggest it's maybe your router settings that it doesnt like

Nothing across mine, AcousticallyChallenged (i think) has nailed the problem over on the error thread, which I can now reach as I'm logged in.

27 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Interesting stuff. If it does change that quickly though, wont it have already changed again by the time you have off the results of the detailed genomic profiles, given that it is a cumulative 5 to 7 days from initial infection to getting results. Surely by then the trail will be cold

Actually one of the interesting things that Rachel pointed out in her last post was that the Covid-19 virus doesn't mutate as fast as some other similar viruses .  This was something noted generally by last Summer when it was seen that new strains of the virus were comparatively slow to emerge - we're only seeing them now at a time when there are many millions of people infected, and so more places for mutation in how the virus works to take place.

This makes it pretty much ideal for genomics.  It changes fast enough that there will usually be some genetic difference between the virus carried by individuals (or at worse between groups of them infected together) while it's not fast enough for people to have lots of different versions that have mutated inside themselves.

And the trail is never completely cold and it's important to follow up because some people show no symptoms (or none that are recognised) so that genomics can help you spot the missing links.

• Like 5