IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

49 minutes ago, Cambon said:

And that is why the government were correct to lock us down. 1886 was not the problem. Truth was. Potentially hundreds infected. 

We were lucky. 

Outdoor trades should have continued, though

How's that then? As nobody that was at Truth subsequently tested positive.

14 minutes ago, Cambon said:

If they were thinking that, why bother with the vaccine? 

I think, once the over 50s etc are vaccinated, a lot of people will be allowed to come over. Not the masses, but relatives and friends, business travel etc. Possibly with minimal isolation. If that goes ok, they will open to tourists when all the over 18s have been jabbed. 

In 2022. Or 2023, even.

13 minutes ago, Cambon said:

I think, once the over 50s etc are vaccinated, a lot of people will be allowed to come over. Not the masses, but relatives and friends, business travel etc. Possibly with minimal isolation. If that goes ok, they will open to tourists when all the over 18s have been jabbed. 

Booster shots for the over 60s next and every spring, including new variants. 

Think there’s still hope within government for Grand Prix 2021 so may get borders fully open July to allow this but who knows with this lot

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Booster shots for the over 60s next and every spring, including new variants. 

And for that to happen we will require on-Island testing.

13 minutes ago, finlo said:

How's that then? As nobody that was at Truth subsequently tested positive.

Do we actually know this? To me, it would also depend on what testing took place. If we tested them on day 2 and then again on day 14, then there may well have been mild cases that would be missed. If we tested all of the people at truth on days 2/3, 7/8 and 13 and all those tests were negative, then yes I'll believe that no-one at Truth caught it. In which case, I'd be interested to know why it was classed as high risk.

Did anyone hear Dr Ewart at the briefing yesterday say that the genomics lab in Liverpool had managed to link 3 of the community cases to a cluster already identified. However they were still working on the 2 other cases!!! Are we not into the third week now? I thought Liverpool was the all singing and dancing lab that could turn things around in 24 hours.  Did I misunderstand what she said???

15 minutes ago, PercyPoke said:

Did anyone hear Dr Ewart at the briefing yesterday say that the genomics lab in Liverpool had managed to link 3 of the community cases to a cluster already identified. However they were still working on the 2 other cases!!! Are we not into the third week now? I thought Liverpool was the all singing and dancing lab that could turn things around in 24 hours.  Did I misunderstand what she said???

even she doesn't understand what she says so don't feel too bad about yourself.

9 minutes ago, PercyPoke said:

No I posted the link yesterday with it:

19 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

They've done some and she said that of the five unexplained cases[1] since New Year they had been able link three to existing clusters and  were still waiting on Liverpool to finish the genomics before they could decide on the other two:

(From about 10:50 for Ewart's slot)

Of course this uses the special Manx definition of community cases ("Things that don't upset Howie").  There's no way of knowing what transmission has happened in the community from identified cases before they isolated or from other leaks in the system.  Hopefully lockdown will have suppressed these, but it's an expensive way of doing things because you refuse to use smarter, faster solutions.

[1]  I make it six but it's possible they were able to link the case on the 13th to a cluster by other means, which would explain why they're saying nine rather than eight days since the last unexplained case.

To be fair to Liverpool they mainly looking at long and medium term effects (like the spread of new strains) so they don't promise a quick turnaround.

Of course we do have a lab on the Island that could do this sequencing quickly but we don't use them because "Rachel isn't our friend any more so we're not playing with her".

• Like 6

Guernsey Vaccination Centre

2068968106_GuernseyVaccinationCentre01.jpg.3e899c7b7bdb73eb7d1fc1ed014cb28b.jpg

Hah hah! Suckers! Using a sports hall and chairs and makeshift screens and that!!

We've got brand new 4" x 2" studding and plasterboard, and new paint and skirting and in the airport we got polished marble floors and that

Edited by Barlow
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

No I posted the link yesterday with it:

To be fair to Liverpool they mainly looking at long and medium term effects (like the spread of new strains) so they don't promise a quick turnaround.

Of course we do have a lab on the Island that could do this sequencing quickly but we don't use them because "Rachel isn't our friend any more so we're not playing with her".

Isn't there another thread for that tired argument?

• Thanks 1