IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Cambon said:

Why? If everyone is vaccinated, it does not matter if the virus comes in. In fact, we need it to. 

Because it will still be circulating in other non-Island communities (UK mostly) and because there will be some on the Island who will either not take to the vaccine, ie., their body will not accept or reject the vaccine (remember that none of the jabs claim 100% efficacy and some who simply refuse the vaccine.

I agree we need may need to allow it in but only once we have reached the level for heard immunity to develop. At the moment the experts don't know what that % will be due to the quicker transmissibility of new variants.

Based on what I've read it will require monitoring for at least another 2 years I reckon.  

12 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Why? If everyone is vaccinated, it does not matter if the virus comes in. In fact, we need it to. 

Epidemiolodist interviewed on Sky News has just stated that, predicated on the AZ vaccine only, if every adult and child in UK was vaccinated there would still have to be restrictions put in place to slow the spread of virus and any potential mutations.

A number on scientific reasons given, too much for me to remember and post on here but the upshot was that the vaccine will not be the silver bullet.

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

Epidemiolodist interviewed on Sky News has just stated that, predicated on the AZ vaccine only, if every adult and child in UK was vaccinated there would still have to be restrictions put in place to slow the spread of virus and any potential mutations.

A number on scientific reasons given, too much for me to remember and post on here but the upshot was that the vaccine will not be the silver bullet.

Its his/her view only. Maybe right. Did they say what they meant by restrictions?

14 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

You mean...like we have already. It's up at the hospital

But not one that can identify which variant it is. Taking an educated guess but I would say the more you know about the virus and the speed of it's transmissability when the borders are open then that info would be crucial to making the right decision. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Not sure what you mean. Any examples of this?

Like I said, some people, no matter how many times they have a vaccine pumped into them will not create the antibodies. 

In the last 15 years, every year, I have had HepC vaccine pumped into me, 2 doses same as the COVID and 18 days a apart (IIRC). I have an antibody test after the first and again after the second jab and both show negative every time, very year. The quack told me that I am not alone. Many people for whatever reason are unable to produce antibodies after a vaccine, almost any vaccine.

I have the flu vaccine every year but I've no idea if I have the antibodies or not because I've never had an antibody test. I haven't caught the flu (the real flu, not just a bad cold) but I've no idea whether it's just luck and the immunisation that's kept it at bay.

It's too early to tell what the effects of the CV vaccine will be until there are large scale antibody tests. That's why we will require continued testing.

Edited by Andy Onchan

1 hour ago, Utah 01 said:

This is insanity.  If there is seriously being considered, whoever is thinking it are not fit for public office and should be removed PDQ.

Howard has said in each briefing this week that its not  unable long term which I have always said.

He has also said this week that eradication was always the original plan.  I don't belive him.  I can't recall or find any reference to it as a plan until after it was achieved - by fluke.

Once it was as an island we developed this insane idea that zero covid was the only way to exist with a virus that anyone can see is here for years to come.

Having backed themselves into that corner with public opinion that we would all die immediately if a single dirty English person rocked up, that fear is what has driven the border policy since.  Its insane.

As posted above "if" we let it run as out of hand as the UK have with open borders and no proper lockdonw for months on months on end, then using them as a benchmark we would currently have 50 people in hospital.  Thats in January, at the peak of the annual NHS beds crisis.

15 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

But not one that can identify which variant it is. Taking an educated guess but I would say the more you know about the virus and the speed of it's transmissability when the borders are open then that info would be crucial to making the right decision. 

Interesting certainly, useful maybe, crucial- no way

44 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Guernsey Vaccination Centre

2068968106_GuernseyVaccinationCentre01.jpg.3e899c7b7bdb73eb7d1fc1ed014cb28b.jpg

Hah hah! Suckers! Using a sports hall and chairs and makeshift screens and that!!

We've got brand new 4" x 2" studding and plasterboard, and new paint and skirting and in the airport we got polished marble floors and that

I had to Google this to see if it was true as it backs up exactly what the "non experts" on here have been saying, while a couple of "experts " were inviting we need special partitions, special pain, special eips clean lights etc.

I also found the facility they used in Yorkshire to do some of the vaccine trials.

This what should have been simple and cheap example to me sums up everything that is wrong with our jumped up politicians and civil servants in a couple of photos.

Its a total disgrace.

QVNIMTE3NTIzNTk0.jpg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Like I said, some people, no matter how many times they have a vaccine pumped into them will not create the antibodies. 

In the last 15 years, every year, I have had HEPC virus pumped into me, 2 doses same as the COVID. I have an antibody test after the first and after the second 

Understood. Very small proportion though. Same must have applied to smallpox....but that's gone. Same for polio etc. Take away the majority of hosts and the virus cant spread. 

30 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Because it will still be circulating in other non-Island communities (UK mostly) and because there will be some on the Island who will either not take to the vaccine, ie., their body will not accept or reject the vaccine (remember that none of the jabs claim 100% efficacy and some who simply refuse the vaccine.

I agree we need may need to allow it in but only once we have reached the level for heard immunity to develop. At the moment the experts don't know what that % will be due to the quicker transmissibility of new variants.

Based on what I've read it will require monitoring for at least another 2 years I reckon.  

The jury is out on exactly what the vaccine does. The best guess is that when you catch the virus, you only get a mild dose. Catching the virus gives you some immunity. Hopefully, if enough people get the mild dose, herd immunity can be achieved. New variants can be included in future versions of the vaccine.

Therefore, vaccinating without allowing the virus in is pretty pointless. 

I understand that a good number of people cannot be vaccinated. They will have to shield. Those who refuse the vaccine do so at their own risk.