IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Having been unable to work absolutely nowhere near anyone since lockdown began, this doesn't wond me up at all, not one little bit.

Yes its a bit of fun but where do you draw the line.  They have banned people from selling things contacless on buy and sell sites to put food on their tables, but the media and in fact the police are enforcing this.  I don't get it.

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/tyrannosaurus-treks-across-island/

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

My name's David and I'm an alcoholic........

I wasn't an alcoholic before lockdown but I am now

44 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Do the missus and auntie J know?

Auntie J? I think I may well have deckchaired Auntie J

Edited by Barlow

23 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

The biggest issue going forward will be those who opt for 21 days isolation rather than have the 3 tests. If there is a family returning then it’s still theoretically possible for them to carry the virus between them beyond the isolation period and back into the community. However small that risk might be, in an elimination strategy we can’t afford to carry that risk.

Yes I agree. I never understood that "all travelled together" rule. Surely it should be 3 weeks for each person to be the platinum standard and achieve 0% risk.

4 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Yes I agree. I never understood that "all travelled together" rule. Surely it should be 3 weeks for each person to be the platinum standard and achieve 0% risk.

How do you mean 3 weeks each, making 9 weeks in total? They’ve already said any isolation policy always has some minimal  risk and that’s acceptable .

If you get vaccinated you shouldn’t have to isolate as once all at risk groups are done the risk of illness  is low for others catching it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's actually 38,676 patients at the moment and still rising.  Google gives a UK population of 66.7 million and the Isle of Man at 85,000 which works out proportionately to 49.  With our older population it would probably be higher. 

Google knows shit.

Theres likely 5,000,000 illegals in the UK at least.

Come on RM, try to be a bit more realistic not pessimistic.

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well UK R rate now 0.8 -1 and expectations are that deaths and infections rates will start to fall over next month.

Would like to see deaths by age & underlying health problems like Gibraltar do 

You’re dreaming!

Try looking around google, PHE, ONS and they’ve made it very, very difficult to extrapolate those statistics.

To the point it’s quite obvious we’re all on a need to know basis ... and w.....

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Banker said:

How do you mean 3 weeks each, making 9 weeks in total? They’ve already said any isolation policy always has some minimal  risk and that’s acceptable .

If you get vaccinated you shouldn’t have to isolate as once all at risk groups are done the risk of illness  is low for others catching it

That's what I said. 9 weeks would be zero risk, which is clearly not practicable.