IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Suggest you fire that first question at the boss of the UK NHS or Matt Hancock - I don’t know. 

https://www.ft.com/content/3aab4ef6-6f2b-4726-87aa-40071ad80544

Only for waiting lists, not for Covid up to end of last year.

MD in Private Eye usually comments on this. 

6 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Is another lockdown ie "next time" inevitable, as apparently this one was?

Yes. Get prepared during the next 3 weeks of 'freedom' before some twat goes away to pick up an essential puppy, stops to talk to someone when they're out walking it, infects them, then they go to the pub on a Saturday night and next thing everyone gets a fucking.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, TheTeapot said:

Yes. Get prepared during the next 3 weeks of 'freedom' before some twat goes away to pick up an essential puppy, stops to talk to someone when they're out walking it, infects them, then they go to the pub on a Saturday night and next thing everyone gets a fucking.

That's why we/they need to crack on with the vaccinations.

Just now, TheTeapot said:

They’re not allowed out to walk the dog if they get one until quarantine finished,just Chuck it in the garden so it barks loudly & wakes everyone up early!!

36 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Is another lockdown ie "next time" inevitable, as apparently this one was?

The weakest link is the border and those who come here and don't comply with their direction notices. Is the surveillance and monitoring of those in isolation robust enough to prevent breaches? I'm not sure it is and feel that the number of times people were checked on should be significantly increased, even more than once per day, to act as a significant deterrent. The cost of employing more people to do this would pale into insignificance compared to the cost of another lockdown.

Edited by madmanxpilot
typo
  • Like 6

The government website still says travel to pick up pets is only allowed if the person travelling does 14 days isolation and tests even if they don’t get off the boat. Is that still the case? I’ve heard it talked about on the radio as though people don’t have to isolate. I’m confused.

14 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

The weakest link is the border and those who come here and don't comply with their direction notices. Is the surveillance and monitoring of this in isolation robust enough to prevent breaches? I'm not sure it is and would feel that the number of times people were checked on should be significantly increased, even more than once per day, to act as a significant deterrent. The cost of employing more people to do this would pale into insignificance compared to the cost of another lockdown.

I thought HRH The CM told the Executive that we must have a border force?

Anyone heard anything more about that?

23 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

That’s the spirit - I like the cut of your jib chapeaux 

• Like 1