IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, horatiotheturd said:

No worries, I will tell the ones I know to take their houses off the market and come back because you said so.

You seem to always know a huge amount of people doing this or that.

There isn't a load of people leaving here because of border controls.  There are a few who will naturally be leaving (I'm thinking perhaps the likes of some Pokerstars employees) but on the whole to suggest lots are leaving due to border restrictions is simply very ill informed or downright lying.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

There isn't a load of people leaving here because of border controls.  There are a few who will naturally be leaving (I'm thinking perhaps the likes of some Pokerstars employees) but on the whole to suggest lots are leaving due to border restrictions is simply very ill informed or downright lying.

Whatever.  I was in a 2 million pound house yesterday working packing stuff up to ship to the owners who have left it and gone back to UK where their family are.

Absolutely 100% they have only left because of the restrictions and lack of clarity for the future.

He is winding the business here down and moving it back to UK.

15 years on the island generating income and jobs, raised their kids here, now the kids are at uni and working in the UK and they have gone to be with them.

They are far from being the only ones.  Nurses, teachers, people from all walks of life doing the same.

No idea what circles you move in but can't believe you don't know anyone doing the same.

Mainly people who have moved here rather than locals obviously.

Edited by horatiotheturd

34 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Mr Fuckwitt, you were a expert on Health on Monday, Tuesday you were a finance expert now you are a fucking Estate agent are you going for CM next? You are very aptly named.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I've heard the exact opposite from contacts in the UK who tell me Londoners (in particular) are sick of the restrictions and general poor quality of life there and are selling up in droves to come here. So I'm guessing any outflux from the Isle of Man will be more than compensated, in orders of magnitude, by on-coming traffic heading this way. I'm hoping it's not an outrageous number making it more expensive to live here.

31 minutes ago, Beelzebub3 said:

Mr Fuckwitt, you were a expert on Health on Monday, Tuesday you were a finance expert now you are a fucking Estate agent are you going for CM next? You are very aptly named.

It isn't about being an expert about anything.

It's about calling out repetitive nonsense bullshit for what it is.

You seem a bit weird to be fair.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, GD4XXX said:

I've heard the exact opposite from contacts in the UK who tell me Londoners (in particular) are sick of the restrictions and general poor quality of life there and are selling up in droves to come here. So I'm guessing any outflux from the Isle of Man will be more than compensated, in orders of magnitude, by on-coming traffic heading this way. I'm hoping it's not an outrageous number making it more expensive to live here.

I am not aware of anyone ever saying a certain type of person isn't looking to relocate inward.  I have posted several times that the island should be proactively capitalising on the positive press and encouraging as many here as possible.  Personally I would like to see a population of 120k but that's not a popular opinion either.

I was making the point that noone talks about those leaving, and there are lots. 

Many won't show on official figures yet as they have simply gone to UK and stayed until their houses sell they are still technically resident here - they just have no intention of ever coming back.

The border restrictions suit some and case real issues for others.

From what I can see (here, and face to face with people) those who like the restrictions aren't prepared to look at the other argument and simply tell people to "suck it up"

Those who want a bit more travel tend to see the argument against and put forward perfectly workable and viable compromises only for the close the border looneys to refuse to even look at them without just exclaiming that we will all die.

Edited by horatiotheturd

44 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Whatever.  I was in a 2 million pound house yesterday working packing stuff up to ship to the owners who have left it and gone back to UK where their family are.

Absolutely 100% they have only left because of the restrictions and lack of clarity for the future.

He is winding the business here down and moving it back to UK.

15 years on the island generating income and jobs, raised their kids here, now the kids are at uni and working in the UK and they have gone to be with them.

They are far from being the only ones.  Nurses, teachers, people from all walks of life doing the same.

No idea what circles you move in but can't believe you don't know anyone doing the same.

Mainly people who have moved here rather than locals obviously.

Your example sounds more to me about a life decision made on the fact the kids have grown up and it seems a reasonable time to move.

I know of no one who has left specific because the borders are restricted.   I do know someone who left (not because of anything covid relayed) and deeply regrets it at the moment.

People come. People go.  Your sweeping generalised comments are just that.  They bear no resemblance to reality.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

It isn't about being an expert about anything.

It's about calling out repetitive nonsense bullshit for what it is.

You seem a bit weird to be fair.

Thank you, clearly you don't have a clue! a calling me weird because I don't believe the bullshit you sprout on every subject as if you have knowledge, you want to check over your previous post's then tell me I am a bit weird. Calling yourself TerryGobshite would be more fitting to be fair.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beelzebub3 said:

Thank you, clearly you don't have a clue! a calling me weird because I don't believe the bullshit you sprout on every subject as if you have knowledge, you want to check over your previous post's then tell me I am a bit weird. Calling yourself TerryGobshite would be more fitting to be fair.

Sort yourself out fella.  Nothing changes with you clearly. 

Feel free to actually post something that disproves what I say or adds to the debate rather than your usual approach. It's boring.

33 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Sort yourself out fella.  Nothing changes with you clearly. 

Feel free to actually post something that disproves what I say or adds to the debate rather than your usual approach. It's boring.

Post something that proves what you say and then I will respond as you clearly have factual information according to your post's, I am basing my response on your comment's regarding all the subjects you mentioned this week regarding Vaccines Banks and now Relocation.