IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Gotta hand it to TUI, reckoning they are going to run 80% capacity in the summer on foreign holidays.

Wild optimism for the sake of anxious shareholders?

With the Spanish, Greeks & others pushing for vaccine passports maybe they are expecting movement on this to allow travel. 
this was a from main Spanish paper 

https://english.elpais.com/economy_and_business/2021-02-09/spains-government-pinning-hopes-on-a-vaccination-passport-to-help-kick-start-ailing-tourism-sector.html

Edited by Banker

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

With the Spanish, Greeks & others pushing for vaccine passports maybe they are expecting movement on this to allow travel. 
this was a from main Spanish paper 

https://english.elpais.com/economy_and_business/2021-02-09/spains-government-pinning-hopes-on-a-vaccination-passport-to-help-kick-start-ailing-tourism-sector.html

I wouldn't even contemplate booking foreign travel at the moment ( and I am pretty desperate to get away), not at least until the pissing contest between the UK and and EU has settled down a bit, let alone corona restrictions.

• Like 3

UK Gov already said they're not considering vaccination passports at all. IOMGov currently looking in to it, but who knows if it'll happen.

I'm intrigued that Jersey is gearing itself up for a summer of tourism by getting all the airlines lined back up again. This year is going to be a huge staycation summer. Lots of airports now having links to Newquay Cornwall Airport and the South Coasts generally in preparation for it. Jersey looks set to benefit from another successful summer. Intrigued to know what the position may be here. My understanding was the plan to be back to any border stage which would even permit this won't be reached until around October.

22 minutes ago, Cambon said:

So yesterday was one new case, total four cases all travel related

Today, one new case, total five cases, four travel related. 

Does that mean the new case is in the community, or is it a cock up? 

It’s already announced it was a traveler already in isolation 

Edited by Banker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Chief said:

I wouldn't even contemplate booking foreign travel at the moment ( and I am pretty desperate to get away), not at least until the pissing contest between the UK and and EU has settled down a bit, let alone corona restrictions.

Jet2 just announced they're extending their suspension of flights until 14th April following UK Govt's tightening of borders today.

12 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Would love to know the official percentage of travellers / returnees/ medical that test positive against amount travelling. Seems to be a big percentage found to be positive   

Don’t think it’s a large % as only 2 new cases last week or so and still a few hundred a week traveling with patient transfers, essential workers & other travel 

Edited by Banker
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Would love to know the official percentage of travellers / returnees/ medical that test positive against amount travelling. Seems to be a big percentage found to be positive   

Depends on what you call big.

Whilst it’s only 200 a week travelling at present, it was averaging up to 700 until early January. Let’s say 400 a week for 34 weeks, 13,600. I actually believe it’s more than 20,000 over 8 months. The number of detected cases in that period is 100 or less. That about 0.7%. Ive seen >0.5% quoted elsewhere. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Whilst it’s only 200 a week travelling at present, it was averaging up to 700 until early January. Let’s say 400 a week for 34 weeks, 13,600. I actually believe it’s more than 20,000 over 8 months.

Does that reduction reflect frequent travellers such as Out Patient appointments in L'pool?

Just now, TerryFuchwit said:

The next couple of months of data should form a really important quide to the percentages of travellers and covid cases because it gives you a glimpse of what it will look like with higher volumes of traffic.

I'm amazed by the above figure of last year it being as much as 700 a week. Not doubting it just surprised .