IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

If it was in a regulated industry, the policy, procedure, testing, and compliance and exceptions reporting would all be asked for.  

Edit to add: in the regulated sector you are dealing with money, not people's lives, so that is probably the difference.  

You are quite right. I believe in this case there will be a paper trail.  Whether we see the outcome, well that's a different question?

7 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

No I don't need to think about it. I already did. I'm not stupid. If someone throws a brick through my window. I'll chase after them. I wont wait 3 days for the genomics to tell me what sort of brick it was.

But if you don’t know who threw it, fingerprints are pretty handy. Especially as you have a database of all the other ones. 

Oh, and fingerprints of the people who you know threw bricks most recently. 

It’s a silver bullet for unexplained cases, as we’d know how many hops it had been through before being picked up, as well as who it had come from. 

Fortunately, we aren’t yet in that situation. Track and trace seems to be working. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, AcousticallyChallenged said:

But if you don’t know who threw it, fingerprints are pretty handy. Especially as you have a database of all the other ones. 

Oh, and fingerprints of the people who you know threw bricks most recently. 

It’s a silver bullet for unexplained cases, as we’d know how many hops it had been through before being picked up, as well as who it had come from. 

Fortunately, we aren’t yet in that situation. Track and trace seems to be working. 

I agree. But no rush on the fingerprints is there. They don't change. Choice is either catch them red handed or by fingerprints. If the finger prints take 3 days.,.happy days....if the finger prints take 5 days...happy days. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Best conspiracy theory heard today “It’s Howard’s youngest daughters birthday today so that’s why there’s no lockdown”

Like the delayed first lock down was allegedly to allow his wife or daughter time to get back to the Island . Mind boggles 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lightening McQueen said:

How can the Ben My Chree crew be expected to just exist, going to work, then home isolating between shifts. Are they not allowed to have a life?

Would you rather they were replaced by crews who do not disembark in Douglas?  That seems like a worse outcome.

It's not for ever.

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

She signs them off. She doesnt need to admit it. There will be a paper trail. She is accountable.  She is not daft. I'd be surprised if she signed off anything dodgy. 

I don't trust the IOMSPCo. They are seamen at the end of the day.

Most health professionals know the consequences of not isolating seamen.

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I agree. But no rush on the fingerprints is there. They don't change. Choice is either catch them red handed or by fingerprints. If the finger prints take 3 days.,.happy days....if the finger prints take 5 days...happy days. 

Or if the fingerprints take 5 days and in that time, the offender goes about smashing another random 100 windows...or if that offender has already done a load of damage and we want to pin that on him too....it’s not just about you, it’s about the island and the safety of its community. 

• Like 6

It's Friday night. Someone in the thread suggested that is a lockdown was called from midnight, then the pubs would be packed out. As per first lockdown.

I think much the opposite. The Isle of Man has tasted the prize once and had it taken away. We know what is at stake and mostly how to behave in this situation.

Perhaps hypothetical now, but if a lockdown had been imposed from midnight tonight, I reckon the pubs would have been moderately busy, if not closed.