IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

16 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Relying on people to remember and be honest about where they have been.  Wait a few days, then read out or put on social media a list that narrows it down as much as Boots, any part of at any time in a 90 minute window.

Hardly cutting edge is it?

I couldn’t even tell you where I was and at what times yesterday (without referring back to the location tracking I have turned on in google.  They haven’t even requested that people voluntarily turn that on to make things easier)

92E68BF3-B876-4DCD-B3AB-D428EF1F233B.jpeg

Nor should they request it.   There's enough invasion of privacy without Google tracking your every move.

47 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Just me that thinks the SPCO employee might not actually be the index case and that it’s been bubbling away with loads of cases not showing symptoms since last time?

The rock project thing sounds unlikely to me from one case there to show up in others so quickly, and who is to say for definite that this case at Java wasn’t transmitted the other way round but with no symptoms until now.  I think the “case” in Java last week was picked up by our prehistoric track and trace system rather than it being someone with symptoms, so neither of these people were ill this time last week.  Now one was picked up by contact tracing, one has developed symptoms, and people are just assuming the direction of transmission. That’s if transmission even occurred in JAVA at all, they could be completely unrelated.

I think we’d likely have seen cases show up before, given that it had been 3 weeks since last “unknown” case. 

Though, if there was a time for the genomics tracing to be sure in a hurry, it’d be now. 

I agree with your point on contact tracing, though just before Christmas, Dreambird were asking for a party name and phone number for contact tracing. I thought it overkill at the time, but actually it’s completely sensible in the context.

Being in Java Express for an hour will have people trying to think if they popped in that day, some people may misremember and convince themselves they didn’t, even as a genuinely honest mistake.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

They've released when they could.   If people don't read the news then what you've suggested above can actually happen any time.:rolleyes:

There’s practically zero possibility that the powers that be received that news at anywhere near 23:25 hrs last night and sent out the press release straight away. 99% likely they got it in the evening sometime and dwelt on it to decide exactly what to say, so not to panic people over the obvious community transmission (as well as darken their champion virus fighting reputations...).

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I think we’d likely have seen cases show up before, given that it had been 3 weeks since last “unknown” case. 

Though, if there was a time for the genomics tracing to be sure in a hurry, it’d be now. 

I agree with your point on contact tracing, though just before Christmas, Dreambird were asking for a party name and phone number for contact tracing. I thought it overkill at the time, but actually it’s completely sensible in the context.

Being in Java Express for an hour will have people trying to think if they popped in that day, some people may misremember and convince themselves they didn’t, even as a genuinely honest mistake.

Also a cracking way to get two weeks off work on full pay if you work just up the road in any government department.

6 minutes ago, manxst said:

There’s practically zero possibility that the powers that be received that news at anywhere near 23:25 hrs last night and sent out the press release straight away. 99% likely they got it in the evening sometime and dwelt on it to decide exactly what to say, so not to panic people over the obvious community transmission (as well as darken their champion virus fighting reputations...).

I don’t blame them for posting it last night. I think it would have been worse to post it this morning.

But by 11PM, you’re just hoping it’ll be disseminated appropriately. Not unlikely that a potential case may not see it whilst running around for the kids’ first day back at school, then heading straight to work. 

Why do we need a phone with us all the time. ? Will something dreadful happen to us?

What isn this passion for "always needing to be contacted" or "nice to talk" rubbish.?

Reminds me of my Mum always telling me to wear clean underwear in case of an accident - you never know what's round the corner etc.

Be brave - leave them at home. Take the risk....

😄

3 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Also a cracking way to get two weeks off work on full pay if you work just up the road in any government department.

There’s no need for any lockdown if they follow their own plans, something like 20 community cases I think and we may have one!! There’s already loads on Facebook  calling for lockdown & compulsory face masks, presumably those who get full pay no Matter what 

1 minute ago, Banker said:

There’s no need for any lockdown if they follow their own plans, something like 20 community cases I think and we may have one!! There’s already loads on Facebook  calling for lockdown & compulsory face masks, presumably those who get full pay no Matter what 

We are by their chart into the territory of social distancing and masks. 

https://covid19.gov.im/outbreak-management-plan/outbreak-plan/

But it’s okay, it’s “not in the community because we know where it came from...”