IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

The 70’s are jabbed, they are the at risk group - let’s ride it out.

The meltdown is strong in some it is.

Actually 77% of the 75-80 group have been vaccinated but only 17% of 70-74  and at least 15% of the latter are actually those classified as 'clinically extremely vulnerable' who are younger.  And all of these have only had one jab.  We're a long way before the most vulnerable are all protected.

As for meltdowns, one of the joys of the last year has been witnessing hysterical denunciations on social media of . . . people being hysterical on social media.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, CowMan said:

My friend has no mental health issues rest assured he runs a very successful business which has adapted to covid brilliantly. And as a general assessment of IOM social media activity I thought his comment was reasonably fair from what I see too. 

Honestly, if your friend hasn't worked out by now that bragging about how much better off you are is basically what Facebook is for, then he needs urgent help.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, CowMan said:

As a casual observer it generally seems to be the people over here who are losing it every time there is a cluster not the folk in the UK who have seemed to have climatized to living with covid.

Yep, seems the UK population has adapted brilliantly...

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-almost-70-000-fines-handed-out-for-coronavirus-lockdown-breaches-12228548

54 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Rhetorical question:

If you have a staff member that has been identified as a close contact within a cluster and is directed by the Government to self isolate, who pays their wages.

I'll have a go at answering - as its rhetorical, I can't get it wrong! :D

A worker directed to self-isolate is essentially sick. If their employer operates a sick pay scheme then that kicks in and if the employer doesn't offer a sick pay scheme then there are no wages and the worker needs to claim sick or incapacity benefit (or whatever its called). The covid support package may however assist;

https://www.gov.im/news/2020/mar/17/emergency-business-support-measures-to-be-introduced/

12 minutes ago, piebaps said:

I'll have a go at answering - as its rhetorical, I can't get it wrong! :D

A worker directed to self-isolate is essentially sick. If their employer operates a sick pay scheme then that kicks in and if the employer doesn't offer a sick pay scheme then there are no wages and the worker needs to claim sick or incapacity benefit (or whatever its called). The covid support package may however assist;

https://www.gov.im/news/2020/mar/17/emergency-business-support-measures-to-be-introduced/

Statutory sick pay at around £17 per day as most private companies don’t pay for sickness.

Unsure of the U.K. policy but if similar you can see why only a third instructed to isolate do so & another contributing factor to the virus running wild.

Of course, if you’re a civil servant it’s all good y’all ... Netflix on full pay.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Statutory sick pay etc

Obviously an issue for those who are   not well.

But many of the small number of people asked to isolate will be perfectly able to work from home. Others will be students, retired etc. Sick pay will be an issue for only a minority.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pongo said:

Obviously an issue for those who are   not well.

But many of the small number of people asked to isolate will be perfectly able to work from home. Others will be students, retired etc. Sick pay will be an issue for only a minority.

Bit hard to work from home if you're car mechanic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pongo said:

Yes - for a small minority it would be an issue. Though I doubt that many car mechanics are typically in Java at the end of Athol Street at lunchtime on weekday.

Yes of course that small minority who would never dream of dropping into a coffee bar for a latte after delivering a vehicle to a customer working in Athol street. Silly me.