IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Yes of course that small minority who would never dream of dropping into a coffee bar for a latte after delivering a vehicle to a customer working in Athol street. Silly me.

Don’t rise ...

He’s clearly suckled the state teat for many years & the free milk has made him forgot how real society functions.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, manxst said:

I would say that is a perfect example of people adapting really. Not paying attention to largely ineffective rules that don’t seem to be achieving much while forcing many onto benefits. No my friends business has fully leveraged covid and has adapted very well and profitably. He’s certainly not in the grip of some mental breakdown although I suppose it is rather irksome to read how bad it was to not be able to go to the pub for 3 weeks when you yourself haven’t been properly out since last October or seen your own child in over a year. 

1 minute ago, Andy Onchan said:

Yes of course that small minority who would never dream of dropping into a coffee bar for a latte after delivering a vehicle to a customer working in Athol street. Silly me.

It's still going to be a very small minority. A small minority or the already small minority of those who cannot work from home (or do not work) and who would be part of the slightly larger but still small minority asked to isolate.

However you look at it, it's very few people. Probably close to zero.  

1 minute ago, Nom de plume said:

He’s clearly suckled the state teat for many years & the free milk has made him forgot how real society is. 

This lame rubbish again: The idea that everyone who disagrees with your dull thinking works for, or is somehow funded, by government. I'll say it again - I don't. I never have.

Many businesses significantly affected by lockdown will have adapted by now too. That's the capitalist way.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

Looks like the Government have finally seen a bit of sense with this current cluster (outbreak).

The 70’s are jabbed, they are the at risk group - let’s ride it out.

The meltdown is strong in some it is.

The 70s are NOT jabbed. That tranch has only just started.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CowMan said:

I would say that is a perfect example of people adapting really. Not paying attention to largely ineffective rules that don’t seem to be achieving much while forcing many onto benefits. No my friends business has fully leveraged covid and has adapted very well and profitably. He’s certainly not in the grip of some mental breakdown although I suppose it is rather irksome to read how bad it was to not be able to go to the pub for 3 weeks when you yourself haven’t been properly out since last October or seen your own child in over a year. 

And I would say that had those 70,000 people ‘adapted’ even better and followed the rules then they would have been out of the mess a lot quicker instead of having to rely on waiting for a vaccine. As the IOM did with their lockdown. Your ‘adapting’ seems to mean the same as self centred ignorance and doing whatever you want with no thought of consequences for others.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, pongo said:

It's still going to be a very small minority. A small minority or the already small minority of those who cannot work from home (or do not work) and who would be part of the slightly larger but still small minority asked to isolate.

However you look at it, it's very few people. Probably close to zero.  

This lame rubbish again: The idea that everyone who disagrees with your dull thinking works for, or is somehow funded, by government. I'll say it again - I don't. I never have.

Many businesses significantly affected by lockdown will have adapted by now too. That's the capitalist way.

Only a small minority of the worlds population die from Covid Pongo ...

You are the biggest wham chatter I’ve ever read on the internet & I’ve read some absolute tosh.

4 hours ago, The Phantom said:

I was supposed to go out for some beers with a Doc friend of mine this weekend. 

He's cancelled because of the 'Rona outbreak. 

Bear in mind, he has been vaccinated.  I called him a Pussy and haven't heard back from him yet! 

One of my friends has cancelled going for a few beers tonight because of the situation. Their choice not going to criticise it.

Edited by thommo2010

41 minutes ago, manxst said:

And I would say that had those 70,000 people ‘adapted’ even better and followed the rules then they would have been out of the mess a lot quicker instead of having to rely on waiting for a vaccine. As the IOM did with their lockdown. Your ‘adapting’ seems to mean the same as self centred ignorance and doing whatever you want with no thought of consequences for others.

To be honest whilst the UK are allowing millions of people to come into the country the actions of these 70k is probably a drop in the ocean.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

To be honest whilst the UK are allowing millions of people to come into the country the actions of these 70k is probably a drop in the ocean.

My point was that the population have hardly ‘adapted’ to the Corona situation. A significant proportion have actively taken no notice whatsoever and rebelled against the laws brought in to safeguard people, thereby prolonging or exacerbating their own restrictions. Hardly ‘adapted’. Plus those 70,000 were also simply the only ones that got caught and fined. 

Edited by manxst
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

That was very much my point. Little value in plugging a leaking ship that’s already below the waterline. The entire UK political system also seems to be very happy to default to blaming the public rather than blaming themselves for the absolute mess they’ve caused. 

3 hours ago, Cambon said:

Cannot find anything yet. It was being discussed this morning on tv. Phased return. Some on 08th. The rest later in the week. 

So basically another made up story😀strange how Boris has just been confirmed take away pints from April and school back 8th March!!

• Like 1