IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Interesting fact.  I reckon that the 39 non-travel cases that we currently have are actually more than the highest number we had during the January cluster.  That peaked at 53 on 18 Jan, but 18 of those seem to have been travellers isolating on arrival, rather than infected on the Island.  So in once sense this is a worse outbreak than the one that was locked down for.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Interesting fact.  I reckon that the 39 non-travel cases that we currently have are actually more than the highest number we had during the January cluster.  That peaked at 53 on 18 Jan, but 18 of those seem to have been travellers isolating on arrival, rather than infected on the Island.  So in once sense this is a worse outbreak than the one that was locked down for.

That's true but wasn't it the St Marys school case that caused the panic. Nothing related to it in any way

54 minutes ago, Banker said:

So basically another made up story😀strange how Boris has just been confirmed take away pints from April and school back 8th March!!

After the Easter holidays you will see a lot more people moving around the UK and we should be in a position to meet that challenge, which it will be (a challenge) if we haven't already started to plan for it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Not so sure. Average age of this cluster (knowing some of those involved) seems to be working age (30s/40s).

Not quite right Albert.

A quick look at the open data on the website, which is only up to 23rd,  shows that the majority, 18 from 33, are actually in the 0-19 age group. 

56 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

40 cases.

Nobles will be creaking soon one would imagine.

21 minutes ago, Banker said:

With 0 in hospital but still calls on Facebook for lockdown from some or masks & SD!nyone

It sounds like you really want to test the system. We certainly don't want to do that, not when there are plenty of examples around the world (not only our closest neighbours) as to what will/might happen.

I've not found anyone calling for lockdown 'on Facebook'. Please link.  I would be interested to see whose opinion you are taking notice of.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Barlow said:

It sounds like you really want to test the system. We certainly don't want to do that, not when there are plenty of examples around the world (not only our closest neighbours) as to what will/might happen.

I've not found anyone calling for lockdown 'on Facebook'. Please link.  I would be interested to see whose opinion you are taking notice of.

Have a look at 3 Fm , news & politics etc , my opinion is mine so not sure what your question is

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AlanShimmin said:

I'm pleasantly surprised there haven't been more locations of interest published. I guess all the positive tests frequented the same establishments?

A lot of the positives have caught it whilst in isolation from the original few cases , lots of teenagers, 4 at rock school, several at gymnastics etc

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Barlow said:

I assume that you don’t have Facebook then? I thought I might try here as an alternative as the relentless lockdown negative nellies on Facebook were starting to get depressing. But to be fair it looks like a good proportion of the contributors on this forum are just as effective as a depression transmission platform as Facebook. If you don’t want to discuss the various lockdown and doomsday scenarios on offer then very much there seems to be little to get your teeth into. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

That's true but wasn't it the St Marys school case that caused the panic. Nothing related to it in any way

But as Nellie has just pointed out the majority of those infected this time are under 20.  That's unlike in January when (if you ignore the King Bill's cluster, which was separate and contained) only about 7 in the community cluster were.  So this is an outbreak that has affected those at school, either directly or though related activities.  If anything they should be panicking more this time on that basis.

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

But as Nellie has just pointed out the majority of those infected this time are under 20.  That's unlike in January when (if you ignore the King Bill's cluster, which was separate and contained) only about 7 in the community cluster were.  So this is an outbreak that has affected those at school, either directly or though related activities.  If anything they should be panicking more this time on that basis.

I was only saying:wacko: