IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

43 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Panic buying is something I still don't get. The shops aren't shutting you just might need to queue for a bit which because of panic buying you're going to have to do anyway, only without a mask so putting yourself at more risk. 

Havent once panic bought and have no intention of ever doing so. In both lockdowns I have headed to Coop and other small shops near me and theres been no problem in getting anything I've needed with virtual zero queuing . Why go to Tesco or M and S etc when you can go small and local . Okay costs a little bit more but in the big picture its worth it . 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Havent once panic bought and have no intention of ever doing so. In both lockdowns I have headed to Coop and other small shops near me and theres been no problem in getting anything I've needed with virtual zero queuing . Why go to Tesco or M and S etc when you can go small and local . Okay costs a little bit more but in the big picture its worth it . 

Shoprite has been an excellent place to shop in both lockdowns.  No queues.  Plenty of stock.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Shoprite has been an excellent place to shop in both lockdowns.  No queues.  Plenty of stock.

On facebook when there's an imminent lockdown, all the Karen's in Tesco complaining that people are in Tesco. It's like car drivers on the road complaining that the road is busy with cars.

• Haha 4

Is it panic buying or is it stocking up for the lockdown.

In a lockdown you need to stay in. What's the point if everyone is meandering round the shops eavery other day shopping for food.

Some places gave people say, 72 hours to stock up and then there was an absolute curfew. Stay in your house until lockdown is over.

Just now, pongo said:

Everyone always moaning about everyone else on Facebook seems to be a current theme lately. But it's really easy to quit Facebook.

I dont mind facebook and can usually read between the lines with certain posters . It was a godsend for me when struggling a few years ago with mental health issues and was my only link with the world. Yes I know ! but it worked for me and helped being involved and inputting on issues with my sanity . On here if not in a good place can be daunting with some posters .  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Barlow said:

Is it panic buying or is it stocking up for the lockdown.

In a lockdown you need to stay in. What's the point if everyone is meandering round the shops eavery other day shopping for food.

Some places gave people say, 72 hours to stock up and then there was an absolute curfew. Stay in your house until lockdown is over.

The people panic buying are not doing so because they will be staying home.

They're doing it because they're thick as shit and think pasta and toilet rolls will run out.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

On facebook when there's an imminent lockdown, all the Karen's in Tesco complaining that people are in Tesco. It's like car drivers on the road complaining that the road is busy with cars.

They all seem to be going to do their weekly shop at that precise moment hahaha

52 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

They all seem to be going to do their weekly shop at that precise moment hahaha

Or the angry ones who take to Facebook to say I’m in a vulnerable category and I’ve only been out once this week to walk the dog and it’s disgusting to see so many people out walking their dogs in the park I also walk my dog in. They’re so irresponsible and should be staying at home! I don’t think they understand the concept of irony! 

• Haha 2