IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

14 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

If this was a TV programme, you would be saying no-one can be that stupid, it's completely unrealistic.

Comin have made some decisions that come into force at 00:01 on Wednesday, but apparently we aren't able to know what these are until the big man (in his own mind) tells us at 1000 today.

Meanwhile, the speaker of the house of keys doesn't know either, so he's saying that today's sitting will be virtual to avoid risk to those who have underlying health conditions. However this isn't the case with any other business on the IoM.

One school year is being told to self isolate with family, but apparently covid knows not to move out of that year group or school as all others are still to go in.

Why aren't the decisions made by Comin and the thinking behind it already public knowledge? Why do we have to wait till 1000 after everyone has gone to work and school to find out? Whoever is in charge of government communications should be sacked. It's an absolute joke.

The ink cartridge is empty. They can't put the legislation in place until the printer's fixed.

14 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

If this was a TV programme, you would be saying no-one can be that stupid, it's completely unrealistic.

Comin have made some decisions that come into force at 00:01 on Wednesday, but apparently we aren't able to know what these are until the big man (in his own mind) tells us at 1000 today.

Meanwhile, the speaker of the house of keys doesn't know either, so he's saying that today's sitting will be virtual to avoid risk to those who have underlying health conditions. However this isn't the case with any other business on the IoM.

One school year is being told to self isolate with family, but apparently covid knows not to move out of that year group or school as all others are still to go in.

Why aren't the decisions made by Comin and the thinking behind it already public knowledge? Why do we have to wait till 1000 after everyone has gone to work and school to find out? Whoever is in charge of government communications should be sacked. It's an absolute joke.

Because of Howard's ego. He needs to be the one to break it to us. 

He will spend 10 to 15 minutes explaining why they are doing what they are doing before actually telling us what it is they are actually doing.

1 minute ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Because of Howard's ego. He needs to be the one to break it to us. 

He will spend 10 to 15 minutes explaining why they are doing what they are doing before actually telling us what it is they are actually doing.

I just can't believe that they are so far removed from reality that they couldn't see this was going to cause major grief for the majority of IoM residents. Do I send my kids to school today? Do I go to work today? They've got this one unbelievably wrong.

• Like 1

Also wasn't it only last week that Henrietta Ewart was lecturing the press about how schools are perfectly safe. Even though all evidence from the UK points to anything but that fact. Yet they are sending kids in today. For probably one day. Unbelievable.

Their handling of this situation has just been incredibly annoying.

30 minutes ago, Hmmmm said:

It is remarkable how Howie continues to send mixed messages. 

It’s not remarkable at all. The man is an idiot.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Also wasn't it only last week that Henrietta Ewart was lecturing the press about how schools are perfectly safe. Even though all evidence from the UK points to anything but that fact. Yet they are sending kids in today. For probably one day. Unbelievable.

Their handling of this situation has just been incredibly annoying.

Is that anecdotal evidence, or acguak evidence?

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56072460

So Tynwald is sitting virtually today because some members have underlying conditions. Meanwhile, schools are opening as normal. 

My seven-months-pregnant daughter, who also has asthma, will have to turn in for work. She's a supply teacher who is sharing cover for a maternity leave and if she doesn't go in, she won't get paid*.

I'm certain that my daughter isn't the only person who works in or attends the schools who has underlying conditions. 

I guess the health and wellbeing of some (MHKs) is more important than others (teachers, support staff and students). 

*Supply teaching is a zero-hours contract arrangement. Rightly so in normal circumstances, but these are far from normal circumstances. 

Edited by Zarley
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

Dogs Breakfast or unable to run a piss up in a Manx Brewery amongst other things come to mind.

I think the island is run by a select few for the benefit of a select few. The select civil servants, the select great and good and those willing to lick the Governments arse get the rewards of contracts and untold riches. We have a politicised police force who’s Chief Constable behaves like a low rent mayor, instead of focusing on core values.

Disbelievers are thrown to the wolves. I used to think the it was just the health service that was in such an appalling mess, and due for a overdue and costly revamp. Most of Government has been left to fester and neglect. Sadly this pandemic has shown many things and recent decisions showing how much COMIN are out it their depth.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

So the measures have been agreed but they are going to wait nearly 12 hours to let us plebs know what they are? Why not just announce them at the time they put the press release out Then have a briefing going into more details? 

Utter shambles 

And if they are that important, why wait till 0001 on Wednesday, bring them in straight away. It's like they've learnt nothing from precious experience 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Zarley said:

So Tynwald is sitting virtually today because some members have underlying conditions. Meanwhile, schools are opening as normal. 

My seven-months-pregnant daughter, who also has asthma, will have to turn in for work. She's a supply teacher who is sharing cover for a maternity leave and if she doesn't go in, she won't get paid*.

I'm certain that my daughter isn't the only person who works in or attends the schools who has underlying conditions. 

I guess the health and wellbeing of some (MHKs) is more important than others (teachers, support staff and students). 

*Supply teaching is a zero-hours contract arrangement. Rightly so in normal circumstances, but these are far from normal circumstances. 

It was fortunate that your daughter wasn’t working last Saturday/Sunday especially HRH The Chief Minister comment that businesses or people closing for those two days won’t be paid. 

Add in the absolutely stupid behaviour of both HRH The Chief Minister and Ashford, constantly referring to and comparing IOM to Guernsey, or their counterparts. It’s quite frankly insulting, and shows clearly we can’t focus our attention on solving Manx Problems. This isn’t a competition. 

Edited by 2112
  • Like 2

Their current attitude/response might suggest: Now the majority of the vulnerable have been vaccinated...they might be moving us into the first phase of us having to accept the virus for the long term and just take precautions? And only shut down where there is actual infection.

?

Discuss!

28 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

It’s not remarkable at all. The man is an idiot.

Sadly your right . They have rode there luck and its run out . The weekend should have been a wake up call but clearly it passed the powers that be . It also looks like they are being selective with the truth too but I reckon the general public have sussed that .  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Is that anecdotal evidence, or acguak evidence?

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56072460

That's my point. The UK and here were originally saying schools are no / low risk but the risk is the same then they are not low / no risk settings. Education settings were also responsible for 1/3 of infections in the UK up till December (look up the ONS data I don't have time right now).